Bi Folding Doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all

im thinking of installing bi-folding doors on an up coming extension and would like to hear your comments and advice.

i have read some very informative and useful posts on here from people who have had them installed in the past. How are you guys getting on with it?

i understand that aluminiun is prefered over upvc but i am concerned that aluminium sweats. will thermally broken aluminium sort that out?

Sponsored Links
we looked at several companies then narrowed down to aluminium as it looked and felt much better than pvc. We ruled out wood because all the other windows in the house were pvc and it would look odd.

after contacting 5 or 6 companies, we found that the prices were quite similar and we presumed that the products would be similar so it was down to deciding which company could assure us of a good service.

in the end, we chose sunseeker doors bifolds. we've had then 2 or 3 years now and are still very pleased with them. the doors are very sturdy and draughtproof, feel warm to touch inside even when it's cold outside.

not sure what you mean by sweating? condensation? we haven't encountered any oddities or problems. they are made of thermally broken aluminium (we had an explanation of what that meant) so maybe that's why.

their web site is www.sunseekerdoors.co.uk

In my opinion bi fold doors made of aluminum will do if you want to have a bi fold door installed at your home...

Sponsored Links
Joe,

Did you order from slideandfold in the end ?

I've got quotes from sunseeker and slideandfold, and they are priced very differently, but I doworry that you get what you pay for.

Cheers,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back