Bi-Folds without sill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I recently had a set of bi-folds fitted without a sill as I wanted to have a level floor inside and out. The frame has face drainage and a weather threshold but as the doors are set back on the outer cavity wall I'm left with 30mm of exposed brick on the base. I have a DPC on and behind the brickwork to prevent any damp from the expose brick but as water doesn't currently run off I'm now wanting to retrofit or build a sill under the door frame.

I do regret not going for sill now as I would not be in this dilemma but am here to ask if anyone has any suggestions to fitting a narrow sill? I was wondering if I could place flushing under the frame and wrap it over a wooden batten with a drip groove.

Any suggests welcome. I have called the bi-fold company but suspect it'll be months before anything can be resolved.

Sponsored Links
Depending on colour availability, a piece of fascia board should do the job

Sponsored Links
If they are aluminium bi folds go to a metal fabrication company and get an aluminium pressing made 50 x 25 and slide it under the door. We use pressings a lot to reduce the height of the threshold.

Thanks everyone. It's reassuring to know there's a solution.

I plan to place channel drainage below the bi-fold. My immediate concern was the 30mm of exposed brickwork which as 'God' has suggested I'll resolve by placing a 50 x 25 aluminium trim over the brickwork with a batten and drip groove.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back