Biasi 24S Broken Switch!

biasi=throw away boiler in my opinion 400 quid from BnQ if it lasts 5 yrs then fling it :D

Sponsored Links
Hey Guys,

Well I've fitted my new switch, and it can turn the heating on/off however I cannot switch timer on, in fact the timer seems to be permently on.

Any idea where I've gone wrong?

Cheers,

Daniel.

Surely the timer should be permanently on; the switch is a mode switch, is it not?

Daniel, sorry if this sounds too simple but have you pulled some of the timer segments forward to the off position?

The entire timeclock is about £56 inclusive.

I dont know what "spring" is meant to have been broken! There is no particular spring of any consequence involved but some cowboys tell customers about nonsence parts being broken to make it sound as if they understand how they work.

Dont tell the person above who thinks those boilers are rubbish but that little timeclock is a battery backed up quartz movement and they rarely fail.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Cheers Guys,

No the timer segments are pulled forward however, if you push one back (and it's the current time) it turnes the heating on.

I realise you would expect that! However it does this with the switch in the central position (standby) instead of flicked to the right. (which it wont flick on to)

Daniel.

gabbyemma - look familiar?:
463474.gif

And it sez here:
Partscenter

Selected Product:463474
Description BIASI BI1015112 CLOCK
BIASI PRISMA 24S 28S 20/1 24/1

Retail Price
(Excluding VAT ) £85.139

Hi Chris

Yes, it does look familiar. Humm, I didn't think it would cost as much + fitting time on top of it.
I got my boiler serviced two weeks ago and everything was working fine. 2 Days later, that grey slider bar kept on springing back meaning I could not put the heating on the constant function. So I called the guy who serviced the unit and he said it shouldn't cost too much to replace the thing. It just needs a "spring". Now he is saying the whole mechanism needs replaced. I don't really know what to think. Is he genuine?
It just seems bizarre the switch broke just after he came to service the boiler.

Anyway, at least now I have a price to compare it to the one he will come up with.
Actually, can I ask you if we can fit a ddifferent type of switch maybe cheaper to buy?

Thanks again
Gabyemma

Almost any single channel timer/programmer can be put on the wall by the boiler. Many give you 7 day timing, etc. Cost from mid £20's. A little more time required to fit and wire, but not a lot.
Remember any pro may be able to get a discount on the price I gave but may well charge full retail for it - he has to buy it, stock it etc.

"""No the timer segments are pulled forward however, if you push one back (and it's the current time) it turnes the heating on.

I realise you would expect that! However it does this with the switch in the central position (standby) instead of flicked to the right. (which it wont flick on to) """

It sounds as if you have not fitted it properly. They are tricky to fit.

The pin in the slide is not engaged with the slot in the lever. You need to refit it then it would work properly.

Tony

Cheers Tony, either way the switch has worked out great, and saved me a ton of money. :)

Daniel.

Hi Ive got exactly the same problem however I decided to unscrew the timer and a few bits fell out, I may try just to buy switch but can anyone tell me how much this is. I might however admit defeat and buy the whole thing as it looks a simple thing to fit. Anyone know of the cheapest place I could buy the timer?

Dear Agile,

In response to a question by Darklord you responded as follows:

Agile said:
We have about 25 of them in stock. If you need help then email me from the profile.

They are tricky to fit and if you cannot thread a needle then dont contemplate it!

But if you would open up a mobile phone to fiddly inside it then you might be able to do it.

Tony

I also have a Biaisi C12 C52 with a broken switch (the little plastic one), though if I wedge something in at just the right angle the boiler will work.

I'd be grateful if you'd let me know how to get hold of the switches you hold in stock.

Thanks,

D

At risk of stating the obvious why not follow the advice you have just posted ( on your third line! ) and email me from my profile on this web site or just put my name into google or something and you will probably find me or the phone book or anything really!

I have never heard of a Biaisi C12 C52 though !

Tony Glazier

i also need a plastic switche for my 24s clock just like the first poster, but can't get to touch with AGILE ( Tony Glazier)

I also need a plastic switch for my 24s biasi boiler tried the e mail in Agile profile but no reply as yet and his website seems to be down.

Anyone have any idea how easy it would be to fit "single channel timer/programmer" instead?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back