Biasi 24S C/H comes on, when not called

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, everyone, I have read quite a few posts on here about the 24S C/H coming on by itself.

Mine is having the same issues. Generally after running a hot tap, the C/H comes on, and the timer switch is over ridden, and can only turn the boiler off by the winter/summer switch.

Just had a plumber round, who even came in without tools and thinks I'm talking out of my A*** when I tried explaining all that I read on here.

The majority of posts in here talk about DHW gland, is this the same thing as the diverter valve. The plumber says if people in here are right, then a valve repair kit can be bought.

I dont want him to purchase a valve repair kit if the DHW Gland and the Diverter valve are 2 different things.

So please can someone here explain to me if they are the same thing.

Regards

David

Sponsored Links
Your never gonna get far telling a heating engineer how yo do his job from what you've read on a DIY forum. And no a DHW gland is not a diverter valve.

when a plumber tells me first off its a pcb, of course I'm going to tell him what I've read on here, it doesn't help me much when he admits to never having touched a Biasi.
So please enlighten me to what is the DHW Gland, I really need to point this geezer in the right direction, before he wants to buy every possible spare part going.
A gentle nudge never hurt anyone.

Cheers

To be honest id call out someone who knows what they're doing!

Sponsored Links
I would never want to let someone like that loose on my boiler if he has been telling you that its a PCB.

So imagine what he will say when you have paid min £200 to supply and fit a new PCB and the boiler is no different>

The gland involved is at the right of the diverter valve and may be stuck or leaking water into the microswitch.

However it is not a DIY repair as the gas valve needs to be removed to replace it. Usually the switch and the retaining clip also need to be replaced as well as the gland.

I have explained this problem in more detail a few years ago. We are more restrained in what we can say now as we cannot be seen to encourage DIYers to do repairs involving gas or combustion issues.

Tony

To be honest id call out someone who knows what they're doing!

Nice comment, I thought I had found someone who knows what he's doing. The problem is as I am not a plumber, so how do I know IF someone does know what they are doing.

That's why I'm here asking for pointers.

If I hadn't come on here first, to read up, I would be £200 lighter as I would have believed him.

So now I need another plumber, but yet again, I may have to 'nudge' them too, nobody knows everything about everything!!!!

Cheers

I would never want to let someone like that loose on my boiler if he has been telling you that its a PCB.

So imagine what he will say when you have paid min £200 to supply and fit a new PCB and the boiler is no different>

The gland involved is at the right of the diverter valve and may be stuck or leaking water into the microswitch.

However it is not a DIY repair as the gas valve needs to be removed to replace it. Usually the switch and the retaining clip also need to be replaced as well as the gland.

I have explained this problem in more detail a few years ago. We are more restrained in what we can say now as we cannot be seen to encourage DIYers to do repairs involving gas or combustion issues.

Tony

Maybe I'm missing something here, is the gland the diaphragm?????

So, this morning, I ventured to a local plumbers merchants, who deal with boilers only.
I explained the issues. The top geezer explained everything to me, showing me schematics and how it all works with the use of spares.
Such a top lad, he's even coming out to do the repair tomorrow.
Yes, he's qualified and registered.

Just one concern now.... I built a little wooden surround underneath the boiler to hide all the pipes, will i need to remove this or can he remove the gas valve from inside the boiler :oops: I'd hate to have to destroy my handy work

Cheers

The 200 mm below the boiler is required to have access for maintenance!

Anyone who has boxed it in should have read the boiler instructions and made sure it can be removed for access!

Tony

Hi, thanks for that.

Yes it can be removed. So I had best do it today. Its just a front and 2 sides, with a base, a simple contraption, just to tidy things up.

Thanks for that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back