biasi 24s losing pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i hope somebody can help me.
i have i biasi 24s combi boiler which is losing presure all the time (drops from 1 1/2 bar to 1 bar in approx 36hrs) and i cant find any leaks anywhere i recently had some radiators replaced and also some new installed approx 7 weeks ago the. i was told to check the prv which seems fine there is no visible leak from there unless i put the pressure up to 3 bar which i was told to do to check for leaks and then water comes from the prv (which i think maybe just doing its job at that pressure) is there anything else i can look for as i dont want to change parts for the sake of it.

Sponsored Links
The clue may be in the new rads!

Have you checked the pipework under the floor?

Probably leaking out of sight there.

Also have you felt each rad valve for any signs of wetness?

Putting a bottle or baloon over the PRV vent will confirm that no water is coming out of there when you are not looking!

Tony

thanks for the advice
thats what i was afraid of as we have just had wood flooring fitted i didnt want to go down that route.
is there any other think that may have gone wrong in the boiler as i have checked the prv using a similar method to what you have mentioned but there is nothing unless i put pressure to 3bar, and the radiator fitter is adamant its not his work (which i did expect him to say)

It could be a leak within the combustion chamber. there is a joint which sometimes leaks and the AAV may be leaking but you could feel that as wet at the top left.

You will need a competent CORGi to open the combustion chamber and inspect for leaks.

The coincident time with the new rads being fitted does seem to point to a leak under the floor.

Did he use copper pipes and soldered joints?

Tony

Sponsored Links
sorry what is the AAV?
yeah he did use copper pipes and soldered joints
and i did think it was a bit too much of a coincidence with the new rads
i think i prob going to have to get somebody out then but they will prob charge me a fortune to diagnose it

also i have spoken to the guy that fit my rads and he says to try re-pressurising the expansion vessel or replacing it.
is this something a novice like myself could do? if so where do i start....
how would i know if this was the prob before i start?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back