biasi 24s no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone help???? i have a 2 year old Biasi 24s wall mounted combi, i have replaced the seal in the divertor valve , the only way the central heating will run is if i keep a hot water tap running slowly, this also gives me hot water . as soon as tap is closed the boiler cuts out?????????/

Sponsored Links
Before we get into this, are you comfortable checking things inside the boiler? posted twice :oops:

Sponsored Links
Undo the screw in the center of the pump, is it spinning? Does the pin on the diverter come out fully clicking the microswitch in the plastic housing clipped to it? All this should be checked on heating only! Forget the hot water for now, that`s the easier part. The pump should start first, diverter switches, fan spins, ignition.

sorry for delay yes i have just checked boiler, when i have it on winter setting . The pump is turning, ican see the pin come out and yes it fully clicks the switch.

Fan doesn`t start then? If not, start checking across the connections from the microswitch towards the fan, multi-meter would be handy, goes from the left hand pcb to the right hand one via a jump over, follow the fan wires back if you`re unsure. Somewhere you will find where the power to the fan stops.

hi i have just checked the sequence again, the pump is turning, the pin is fully clicking the switch , the fan is operating. But if i let it run without a hot tap running, it pops the overheat button, this happens after about 5 mins.

not that i have noticed and ive spent alot of time at it. I had another question would it be any of the stats that are at fault.??? also there is one thing that i have noticed, and thats the flame on boiler does not seem to be as great as before. also the fan noise from outside at the flue does not seem as loud as before,????

If the flame isn`t as high as usual, it`s modulated down due to sufficient heat in the heat exchanger, fan would follow suit. Overheat stat may be at fault giving a false reading on flow temperature, although you can override it with hot water on slight demand? Sounds much like a flow problem.

my boiler is sited outside at the moment, i put it out when i installed my kitchen, where its sited i have built a fullcovering for it complete with door ect. so that it is not exposed to the elements. But its pretty cold working at it. so i,m going to knock it on the head for tonight, and thanks once again for your info. i,ll get another pop at it tomorow. cheers and goodnight. from wee-Denzo :

:eek: :eek: :eek: It`s outside? No wonder it don`t work right! Must be five below outside, you sure your pipes aren`t frozen up, that would result in a blockage :!:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back