Biasi - 24S Please Help - Ignition Spark but no flame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, I am new to this site and donot know much about plumbing either.

My boiler was running smooth so far , no issues, never, just woke up today and the boiler wont fire up. checked the ignition and there is a spark but no gas as it dont fire up.

As i have done similar sort of work and mainly into electrical, i opened the boiler compartment and trying to find where is the issue for initial investigation.

I have checked the air pressure switch and it works fine. So the issue now is mainly Ignition Kit or Gas Valve.

I called the guy in and he didnt check much but said it might be your ignition Kit and said you order it and i will replace it for you. He checked the gas pressure just before it goes into the gas valve and its ok but no gas coming out of the valve.

After he left, i again tried to check the resistance on the gas valve (pins) and its OK on the upper two (1260 ohms) but the lower 2 pins dont show anything when tried to check.

Could anyone please tell me what can be an issue ?? as I am not sure and dont think the heating guy too as he mentioned if it dont work after replacing the kit, you would have to return it...

My point is there is a spark in the firing compartment so can it be an issue as otherwise it wont even generate sparks..

Any help, welcome.. thanks

Sponsored Links
If the lower 2 pins are open circuit you need a gas valve.

It's not a diy job since it obviously involves disturbing the gas side and the valve requires seting up.

hi Guru, Thanks for your reply, much appreciated..

I dont have tools to replace it so its going to be the guy coming on Tuesday definitely.

Just wanted to make sure as he didnot give enough time to diagnose the issue moaning Biasi boilers are cr@p and you should get some Main or something boiler, so i did some checking to make sure.

Now as you said its the Gas Valve thats the issue, how can i be more certain that my Ignition PCB is not gone off ? If it sparks can i say its working fine as there is no other way for me to check, unless there is anything with this voltage meter i could check

Thanks, again for your advice and this wonderful site as some local boiler guys dont have minutes to speak . so defo a nice site...

Hi, i have just checked the resistance at the modulating operator coil.

The upper on-off operator shows around 1255 ohms.
The lower on-off operator shows 0 ohms.

What does this means? Is it possible my gas valve is stuck ? and is there any repair chances by Corgi guy (i.e replacing some parts of the gas valve ?) or does it means the whole valve needs changing ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You sure you mean 0 ohms or infinity (open circuit). Failure mode is normally an open circuit winding.

Just get the gas valve changed and setup...then worry if the CVI (ignition module has failed).

Anyone who says Biasi's are carp doesn't know what they are talking about. They have a few silly design faults and they get a hard time since the installations are often appalling.

Hi Sorry My Bad.... in saying 0 ohms..

But the Multimeter says 1 ohms before connecting to anything and when i put on the upper 2 pins it changes to 1256 ohms..

BUT

for the lower two it does not change. it stays at 1 ohms. stays like that.

thats why i said 0 ohms, i meant the 'difference'

I am not happy that you have employed someone who could not diagnose a very simple fault.

Replacing a gas valve requires they are correctly adjusted for minimum and maximum gas pressure. Some people dont know how to do that.

Tony

the fact is he came just for 10 mins as he is really busy with other jobs he already taken, as I insisted again and again that if you could just have a look first and if there is a quick fix / or part to order we can order as it might take few days before I get it. so I am not happy the way he diagnosed and said its ignition kit.

He is going to come again on Tuesday so will know for sure then but he has put me in dilemma of ordering the ignition kit, so just want to check which part i need to be ordering, if i can get some advice, i can challenge him and ask him to have a proper look before my money get wasted.

If the gas valve coil is o/c then thats at fault and you may be better getting someone else to fit the gas valve which you have bought.

Tony

I have still not yet bought, will order on-line from a website and give a call to the guy to fit it.

I also checked the resistance on the 2 thermistor probe today and they both are around 17000 ohms for about 15C temp. so looks ok according to the graph.

so think i have eliminated all other possibility now is the waiting time.

THANKS a LOT to TONY as well as GAS GURU for all your help.. i will keep it posted once it gets fixed

Sorry for being silly, but cant get this boiler off my head as its getting cold and cold outside and no sign of any fix until the guy comes in Tuesday.

I tried to run it again and when it locks, and I press the reset button. I get some 'noise' sound on the modulating could part and a 'click' noise, after the ignition and before it locks out again.

I am getting confused now, as i measure the ohms and the lower two pins has no ohms, and with this noise it makes it more complicating..

Can this be repaired by CORGI guy? can i ask him to change only solenoid bits, if it can be ?

Thanks

hi, got a new gas valve today for a bargain price 65 incl VAT.

got it replaced by the Corgi guy and its up !!! Fantastic..

Thanks for your help in troubleshooting. cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back