Biasi 24s - safety thermostat lockout - Solved

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my boiler is BIASI 24S. Not had any issue in last 2 years. Just want to know how much would it cost me to be repaired by engineer ?

The CH works fine on its own but when DHW is drawn the boiler fires up for few seconds, the temperature goes to 60 in no time from 30/40 and pressure increases from 1.5 bar to 3 bar.

Then some rumbling noise that's purge water n brings the pressure to normal but safety thermostat lockout. After that heating don't work either.

I am not a diyer but just want to know what is the issue ? I had called the boiler engineer but he is busy till next week. So all I can do is just wait for him n do. Bit of research on why this happening.

How much I am looking at for this and any one around Manchester /Bolton who can fix this quickly.

Thanks[/b]

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I had a similar problem and the boiler engineer had to replace the temperature probe n top up air pressure in the expansion vassel. He charged me £65. Hope this helps.

You have a failed depleted expansion vessel and a blocked plate heat exchanger it seems.

Allowing the overheat stat to operate more than about 20 times means it starts to operate at a lower temperature.

I would charge £136 to deal with the first things in my local area and an extra £32 to replace the o/h stat if I deemed it necessary. That would also include servicing and resetting to the original manufacturers settings.

Tony

OK, I had a visit from the boiler engineer this afternoon, and he has identified the expansion vessel and blocked hear exchanger.

You have a failed depleted expansion vessel and a blocked plate heat exchanger it seems.

Spot on Tony :) you are really Agile.

He pumped some air into the vessel and he has cleaned the heat exchanger with some descaler liquid as all shops were shut so he opted to properly clean it. There were lots of sludge in the exchanger, literally it was blocked so not even 10th of inlet water passing through. After clean good flow, nice hot water and solved my tepid water issue too.

The charges are similar to what Tony suggested, just slightly cheaper due to outside London area :)

He recommended a power flush but i have no clue although he mentioned somewhere in the region of £200 - £250.

So thanks guys, i hope this helps someone..

you would be better getting a system filter installed or the problem will come back again

you would be better getting a system filter installed or the problem will come back again

This sounds a nice idea, would you please provide more info on what kind of a system filter ? and How much would it cost ?

Can you please provide more info or a link ? As I had to get this engineer in emergency as could not cope without hot water. The guy i usually call out was busy till next week on some job. May be i speak to him about the filter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back