BIASI 24S

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts BIASI 24S no heating but hot water..?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Hope you can assist?

My Biasi 24s boiler delivers hot water perfectly but the heating is u/s..

I have bled all the rads and even topped the system a little via the loop.
Approx 1.7bar on gauge..
I have taken the front of and dropped the front panel forward to have a look around for anything obvious.There is a twist valve with 3bar on it.What does this valve do ??? I twisted it and heard a flow of water.
After putting the covers back on,the heating did work for a few minutes and has now stopped and refuses to re-start.Hot water still ok though..

Thanks in advance..

Steve

Sponsored Links
the valve is the expansion valve designed to release pressure if system presure gets to high best to leave them well alone as they have a habbit of not resealing

too late. chances are that you now have the additional problem of system pressure loss.

Look for the system flow switch towards the left and see if the pin is pushing the switch lever as hard on CH as it does on DHW.

If the pin is coming out then remove the switch and push the operating lever with an insulated rod and see if the heating then works as normal. Dont open the box as it has mains on it !

There are many more things to check but thats the first!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hello again.Thank you all for you time helping me out her..

I have found out the problem.Its the 3 position switch,''summer/off/winter''Its not quiet making the contact when in the winter mode!! If I help it a little by twising it a touch further,alls fine.I suggested to the Mrs that she should hold it there when she wants the heating on but she just gave me a funny stare??
Anyway,had a look on 'online boiler' but they dont seem to sell the switch seperate.Does anybody have any idea where I can buy one.Dont want to buy the whole PCB really..

Thank you all again..

Steve

You cannot buy the switch on its own, it comes with the whole PCB.

Often "working" the switch will clean the contacts, otherwise its either a replacement PCB or, if competent, the switch can be solder linked out to put it permanently into the CH positiob.

Tony

Hi Tony.
Just had a quick look at the pcb.Would you happen to know which ones to link on the back of the switch?Pretty ok with soldering and competent on linking out,but which ones..

Thanks Steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back