biasi 28s boiler trouble

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
would appreciate any help on this one. I have a biasi 28s boiler and have had problems with it for two years now. When i first moved in the boiler had no hot water working and would not fire up.I replaced the heat exchanger and it worked for the next 9 months. Then it started tripping out on the cut off switch and when you pressed the switch it would then fire up When i took the heat exchanger back out there was loads of particles in the central heating side of the exchanger and i cleaned the exchanger out with ds 3 When replaced it ran fine. Now tho in the morning when you turn the hot tap on the boiler does not fire up i have to run the central heating then turn the tap on and it switches over and you have hot water, sometimes tho the lock out switch comes on as well tho Am now getting with it so any help would be excellent Someone said it could be the diverter valve or diaphram etc Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you have a persistent problem with sludge in the system blocking up parts of the boiler. This is not the fault of the boiler! Blame the installer, who should have flushed out the system but obviously didn't.

You need to get the system flushed, or DIY. If you want to find out more about this, try a search of this forum. Sounds like you might also have a failed diaphragm.

Have flushed out every radiator in the house. The heat exchanger has one side for hw and one for heating and can only be fitted one way round. Granted there was a lot of particles in the radiators when i cleaned them out. Thought about a magna filter to remove all the bits but wondered if this was the real problem. Have to agree when the exchanger is cleaned out it runs ok but sometimes after cleaning out the problem returns very quickly. Have put 2 litres of inhibitor in anyone recommend what to do next. There was no sludge so to say only lots of what i can describe as pcs of metal from corroding radiators but why would the heating still work and not the hw

Thanks for the reply Tony but im still confused, if the central heating side of the exchanger was blocked with sludge how come the central heating will work but the hw wont, surley they are seperate as the central heating water does not come outa the tap. http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/1374-0000 do a central heating filter (Magna) which removes "sludge" would this be suitable for me as it shows the sludge being removed Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks Tony you can email the advise if you can as am going to france for a week and the misses and kids need the hot water. Dont want a phone call saying its not working :p

Right me again Have checked both diaphrams and they seem to be in excellent order no signs of pereshing at all Only some sludge behind the smaller one. Swapped the heat temperature sensors over and swapped the two micro switches over as well. Took the heat exchanger back out and hey presto sludge present albeit nothing on the scale it was so hopefully by taking the radiators off and flushing them out seems to of reduced the sludge by 90% I guess its gonna be a persistent problem so am going to look at a central heating filter to remove the sludge Any comments on the magna filter one A comment to what you pros out there think to them as they are fairly new on the Market at £90 what do you think???

Put it this way, I use them, they are all clarted up with sludge, so I can verify they do what the makers claim. No need to drain down when you want to check.clean it, there are isolations valves and also a bleed valve for when you're ready to refill it again. Once installed nothing could be easier to deal with. If you use a fountain pen you'll never need to buy black ink again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back