Biasi 28S leaking water - Please Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Biasi 28S combi boiler and yesterday I noticed that water was dripping from underneath. When I took the casing off, it seems as though its coming from the diverter valve. There are four screw holes that hold the valve in place and only two screws, so I assumed that this was the problem. However, once I added a further two screws the leaking continued. I was hoping that it would be something like an O ring or washer that needed replacing but not sure. I have currently turned the water off, so although I have heating, I have no hot water. Wondered if someone out there had any ideas as to what the problem could be. I have priced up a new diverter valve and they seem quite expensive. Could have done without this at the moment, saying that. . . there is never a good time for things to break!

Sorry for the long message. Any help would be appreciated.

lou

Sponsored Links
DV's ahve more than 4 screws.. Sure you don't mean the pump??
Exactly where is it leaking from?

Thanks for the quick reply. No its not the pump. I have put a picture of the boiler showing where its leaking from on my profile. Hope you can view it. The arrow that says diverter valve is where its leaking from.

Lou

See what you mean now. The 2 screws just hold theparts from coming apart, they don't do any sealing. This is a similar one on a baxi. The mauvey-pinky part has an O ring seal in the middle which leaks, usually due to dirt in the system. M-p part needs changing - or cleaning - or the whole valve, ditto.
Baxi-diverter2-.gif

Sponsored Links
thanks very much, I will have a look at it tomorrow. I took it apart today and did not see an o ring, but will check again. Hopefully it will be there and it will need replacing, rather than the whole valve.

Thanks again

There are two kinds of leak!!!

Mains water from the hydraulic unit on the left. Thats a small 2.4 mm "O" ring behind a nut on the right of the unit. No loss of system pressure.

OR

System water from the gland, the mauve unit on the left of the "102" body of the diverter valve. That will be dirty and cause the system to lose pressure.

The "O" ring is cheap if you can find one.

The gland is rather more expensive! If thats leaking then its as a result of dirty system water.

By the way, the picture is from a potty/baxi boiler not a Biasi. Although oddly the "102" is a Biasi part identifier number! Something funny going on there!

Tony

there is no aparent loss of pressure when the boiler is leaking, so what part do you think needs replacing?

The water appears to be leaking from where the diverter valve meets the other part (sorry for the lack of knowledge), so if looking at the picture, its from where the mauvy pink part meets the turqoise/blue part of the diverter valve.

The set up does look a little different from the picture, the fact that its not a biasi makes sense.

I did tell you it's a baxi not a biasi when I posted it.
Tony why don't you post a picture of a biasi instead of jumping in to criticise?!
I really doesn't matter, the pic shows enough.
The mauve part has an O ring in it but it's hard to change. The whole mauve part has to be changed, if you can get it, or the whole valve.
The mauve part leaks about 20 times as often as the tap water containing bigger diameter part, though if the leak is rapid from the mauve part, it would show as a loss of boiler pressure.
To test if it's the tap water side, turn opff the inlet isolator under the boiler and it'll stop.
The O ring in the tap water side is available from any boiler parts supplier but you may have to buy a kit costing a few pounds to get it.
Whichever part is leaking, you'd expect to need to dismantle more of the valve to clean or replace parts.

Sorry, I dudn't read the bit that said it was a baxi and to be honest I wouldn't have a clue anyway.

The water tap is turned off under the boiler and the leak has stopped, so I guess its the o ring. I will take it apart and have a look. But whatever it is, no where is going to be open today.

Thanks for all your help

Louise

Mains water is leaking from your hydraulic unit on the left. Thats a small 2.4 mm "O" ring behind a nut on the right of the unit. No loss of system pressure.

The "O" ring is cheap if you can find one. We have them in stock!

Tony

Opening it today could make it worse!

Its a fairly common fault . However removing or disturbing the thin tubes can cause further leaks at either end.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back