Biasi combi boiler CH not working DHW working ok

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am currently facing some problems with the Biasi M110.32SM/E where the hot water works fine ( the boiler sometimes goes in lock out mode) but the central heating just does not work. I turn on the central heating the boiler recognizes this and fires up but only for two seconds and then the fire disappears but the boiler continues as though heating is working. The boiler attempts again to fire but the same cycle repeats.

I have checked the thermostat and that seem to be ok as I hear the click noise when turning it to higher temperature. In addition I have also checked the electric actuator which seems to be working fine (however I am not sure if the divereter vale itself is working or not). The pump I think is working as it is also needed for DHW. However when i switch either the DHW or CHW I do hear gurgling noise which I thought was due to air trapped inside. So I have gone ahead bled the system to best of my abilities and the noise has reduced significantly.

So now that you have read wall of text I would like your support in fixing this problem and if its not a DIY how much would it cost me to replace parts and get it fixed.

Sponsored Links
Ok guys while searching through the various threads I came across a suggestion where this guy turned off the power supply to the diverter valve after it had locked into CH mode. Then he turned on the hot water keeping the central heating switched off. So the tap water will obviously run cold as the heat is now being diverted to radiators. I tried the same thing on my boiler and yup the radiators now get hot and the heating is working as it should.

However this is a temporary measure but it does rule out any pump, gas valve problems. So I am wondering if this means that diverter valve is faulty or is there any other problem which is preventing the boiler to stay lit while using the central heating.

It needs properly diagnosing!

You really do seem to be very mean!

You have never had the boiler serviced ever since it was installed six years ago and from what I can see you have never actually paid any engineer to fix it.

Although you have called some to visit you presumably with the hope of getting a free diagnosis!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back