Biasi m110.32sm/e central heating not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am currently facing some problems with the Biasi M110.32SM/E where the hot water works fine ( the boiler sometimes goes in lock out mode) but the central heating just does not work. I turn on the central heating the boiler recognizes this and fires up but only for two seconds and then the fire disappears.

As a temporary measure I locked the diverter head into CH position and turned on tap water which heats up the radiator just fine so what could be the problem.

Sponsored Links
When selecting CH what do the lights show?

Tony

The lights show CH in operation ( side lights flashing and middle light off) however after few tries the boiler locks down and the lights indicate lack of burner ignition. The problem is the boiler fires for 3 to 5 seconds but just doesn't pickup like it does with DHW. So lack of burner ignition I don't get why it is showing that.

What year was the boiler installed and which years was it serviced and by whom?

Tony

Sponsored Links
The boiler was installed in 2007 and the boiler hasn't had full service since then ( which I know is my fault). However we had an engineer recently look at it few months ago and after spending couple of hours trying fixing the problem he had the nerve to ask for £300 and said that gas valve needs replacing for which he will charge for the part and labour in addition to the £300. I simply showed him the door as he was asking for more than what the boiler actually costs.

Since it was summer back then I didn't need heating in the house and amazingly after a week the boiler started working and I could get hot water but still the central heating wasn't working. As the winter is now approaching I went and tested the heating hoping it would work but no such luck. Now the question remain if it was the gas valve or pump how am I getting hot water.

I expect that is an early single PCB.

Usually I would be looking for a failed diverter valve. But you say you have fiddled with the motor so presumably its working.

Here are so many checks that I would be doing.

But never having had it serviced makes me think that you are just to mean and dont deserve to have it repaired!

Why not just call an engineer and pay him to fix it?

Tony

I assure you that not servicing the boiler was complete ignorance on my part and it is only recently I have come to realize that I needed annual servicing. I will be calling an engineer but I was put off by the last one who wanted me to pay more than 500 to repair it. So I wanted an opinion whether if it is a problem that could be solved since the hot water is operating fine.

I have been reading around here and I came across few suggesting it could be the safety thermostat or the one in my room. However seeing as though the situation is not getting any better I will be calling an engineer but I appreciate your help.

The lights show CH in operation ( side lights flashing and middle light off) however after few tries the boiler locks down and the lights indicate lack of burner ignition.

The boiler is showing a demand for heat so the room stat is obviously fine!

Tony

The boiler also locks out sometime when using the domestic hot water which I believe is due to blocked heat exchanger plate. Anyways I think I will be calling an engineer tomorrow depending on how much he wants to charge I will see if I should get it repaired or replace the boiler.

If I were to replace the boiler which boiler you would recommend for my house needs. I have 6 radiators and another in the bathroom. There is only one bathroom in house.

Biasi M110-32

But installed by a gas reg engineer on a properly cleaned system.

And properly serviced every year!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back