biasi garda HE 24 - M96.24SM/B firing up then swithcing off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI All

Really hoping someone may be able to shed some light on what may be the problem with my Boiler.

I had been away over xmas for a few days, returned on boxing day to find no hot water, i switched the boiler off at the mains, and it all worked well again untill this morning, no heating or hot water.
Both green lights are on and the red light in the middle is solid, I have again switched off at the mains, and the boiler started up again and lasted for approx 10 mins, when it again showed Both green lights are on and the red light in the middle is solid. I waited half an hour and tried again, again it fired up but went of after 10 mins again. I checked the pipe work outside to make sure its not frozen, I did however notice the flue on the outside of the house looked corroded, and on further inspection it has a hole in it ( could this be the cause of the problem?)

the boiler is biasi garda HE 24 - M96.24SM/B
serial no is N093940904

thanks in advance for any help
Mark

Sponsored Links
The symptoms you describe are totally typical of a frozen condensate pipe. But what is the temperature in your area now?

Its very unusual for a genuine Biasi flue to corrode but anything is possible and in an extreme case I suppose you could get that result but the flame would look very wishy washy and purple rather than whitish blue as it should be.

Tony

If the flue looks like it may be damaged, you have no option but to leave the boiler switched off, and get a RGI in to check.

HI

I have just tried the boiler again ( sorry bengasman it was before i read your post) the boiler did exactly the same, fired up ( flame looks blue through the window) stayed on for 10 mins then went off again, i have switched it off at the wall, and will call someone. ( just been on the phone to British Gas they cant get anyone to me before end of March!!!!) I will try the yellow pages

The condenate pipe is not frozen i have already checked it at the elbow joints

Anymore help or advise would be appreciated.

Thanks Mark

Sponsored Links
Be very careful with yellow pages, do not use and of the big advertisers as a lot of them just use subbies that are often not very good, but very expensive.
Ask neighbours, colleages etc for recommendations, or log onto local forums and ask about installers' quality.

hi All

Well we have had a boiler repair man out and to be honest we are no further forward, he has replaced the flue with a new one, tried firing up the boiler, wouldnt fire, he said he could get the boiler to fire up with the front panel off? but as soon as he put it on again it turned itself off...any ideas anyone, he said he was going to come back on Tuesday to have another look and would in the mean time speak to some of his friends to see if they had any solutions...(bengasman, im hopin he is not one of the subbies you were talking about, seemed to be a repuatble ad)

Mark

The correct flue for an M96 has a plastic inner tube! Did yours?

How far is the flue terminal from the boiler?

Tony

Hi

Yes the flue had a plastic inner, it was exactly the same as the one the plummer replaced, it was original biasi part, the flue goes straight out of the wall from top of the boiler so I would say end of flue is approx meter from boiler ( same place as the one he replaced)

Thanks Mark

New flue O.K ?? than u have a fan / aps problem !!!

(biasi model codes do at times confuse me , assume it is not the early A rated boilers ?)

Yes the new flue is OK, the boiler was in the house when we bought it but i believe it is a 2004/2005

he told me he had tested the fan according to the boiler manual and that was fine, he didnt mention an APS ( what is one?)

thanks again for all you your
Mark

APS = air pressure switch , tells boiler fan is running , so there fore ok to ignite ! caseing off ? flue ok ? than it is fan or aps related fault :)

M90 is non condensing.

M96 is band B ( probably the most reliable condens boiler ever made )

M110 is ther Band A ( also very reliable )

M160 is the current cheaper Band A with alloy HE and rather too new to make any judgement yet.

In this case its a bit odd because that aspect of the M96 never normally gives any problem.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back