Biasi problem - Garda HE M96.24SM/B

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have Baisi boiler model Garda HE M96.24SM/B. Its not working properly for Hot water.

Room Thermostat: Set to 22 degree.
DHW control knob: Set to 5
Ch control knob: Set to 6

Hot water will come for few minutes (may be a bucket or two). During this time, 1st and 3rd lamp flashes alternatively (Dhw operation).

But after few minutes when the temperature reaches 60 degree, 2nd and 3rd light start flashing simultaneously (Faulty ch temp probe NTC) and water will be cold.

But after 10 minutes or so when temp is back to around 35 degreee, it automatically come out of faulty mode and will be back to normal operating mode (only 1st lamp flashing). Now if you start the hot water tap, again you will get the hot water....but for few minutes only. This cycle repeats.

Can anyone know this problem and help me to fix it.

Regards,
Ajit

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I edited the above probelm description providing light combination & their menaining. Pls help if you can.

is central heating working OK ? are all radiators getting hot to same temperatures ?when c / heating is on how does the dhw perform ?

Because of summer, C heating is off as no ON & FF time is set and boilder is set to Auto mode....let me set it to Manul mode and see the behaviour...will confirm you soon

Sponsored Links
Thanks Terry for your quick response.

Just run the CH....
1st & 2nd light flashing simultaneously (Frost Proect operation)....for 7-8 minutes. The moment temperature reached 60 degree (from 30), the boiler cut off. Same as above - 2nd and 3rd light flashing (Faulty mode).
Now the temperature is dropping slowly....it will reach to 30 again in few minutes.

This means for both - DHW or CH, the moment temperature reach 60 degree the boiler is going off. Is there some censor? Do I need to change any setting?

Regards,
Ajit

switch the electric supply to the boiler off. leave off for 5 mins.turn central heating temp dial down to 2 and dhw dial to 2 also. after 5 mins turn electric supply back on and watch carefully and note ,the 3 lights behaviour and report . we need the boiler to come on /central heating on so ensure wall thermostat etc are calling for heat.

Hi Terry

Looks like the problem is solved now. Thanks for your precious time and the suggestion. Here is what I did:

I switched off the electric supply. Set both DH & CH dial to 2. Room Thermostat to 24. Mode - Auto position.
After 10 minutes started the power supply.
First 1 minute - only CH ON: Lamp 1 & 2 simultaneously (Frost protect operation)
Next 10 minutes - Hot water tap started - both CH & DHW ON: Lamp 1 & 3 alternate (DHW operation) [Temperature reached to 55 degree and settled there]
Next 2 minutes - Hot water tap closed: Lamp 1 & 2 simultaneously (Frost protect operation). So temperature reduced from 55 to 35
Next 10 minutes - only CH ON: Lamp 1 & 2 simultaneously (Frost protect operation)

After this, I set room Thermostat to 20. This has put the boiler to Normal operation - Lamp 1 flashing.

After that I did the following steps.
10 minutes: Hot water tap started - Only DHW ON: Lamp 1 & 3 alternate (DHW operation) [Temperature reached to 55 degree and settled there]

So in summary, both hot water and central heating are working perfectly fine.

Queries:
1. When the Mode was Auto and time setting was showing off (next auto time set was tonight 22:00 - 22:30), still central heating started. Does it mean that room Thermostat superseed all timed setting configured for Auto mode?
2. Presently both dials are set to 2. Can I move them to higher setting say 4? If yes, will it create the same problem again?

Regards,
Ajit

are you sure the boiler wasnt in manual mode ? the wall stat will not over ride the programmed on / off times. your boiler should not have first and second lights flashing simultaneously ( frost protection operation ) when CH on. First and third should be flashing. I think you will need an engineer to establish exactly what is going on , as you definitely have a problem with your boiler. it is not functioning as it should.very difficult to diagnose without being there ,but I suspect the PCB and maybe thermistor need replacing.

1. DHW: Its working perfectly fine now as everytime as start hot water tap, boiler fires up and tap provide the hot water.
2. CH: All the radiators in the house start heating when Thermostat is 24. So OK. But yes something is wrong related to lights. As you rightly said, when we set Room Thermostat to 24, boiler starts but the lamp light are 1 & 2 simultaneously (Frost protect operation) instead of lamp light 1 & 3 alternate.

Regarding Auto mode, yes I am pretty sure. I did one more round and same results. Boiler manual mode is off. Auto mode is supposed to fire later but the boiler still started the moment I set room Thermostat to 24. What is the reason behind running in Frost protect operation? Is it because CH was off for last 4-5 months? One more point I forgot to mention. Earlier the water pressure was 0.5 bar for few days. My plumber changed it to 3 by using water valve.

Any possible guess?

1. water pressure ,when boiler cold ,should be 1 bar , not 3 bar. at that pressure the prv would likely open when the boiler runs central heating. what is the pressure gauge reading now ??
2. the frost protection kicks in during very low winter temps. has nowt to do with boiler not running c/heating for a few months ,and those lights should not be illuminating in the sequence you indicate during normal c/ h mode.
3. if auto set on " off time " the wall stat should not enable boiler firing.

I am pleased that you have dhw and CH working ,but I fear it won't last and you will need an engineer .hope I am wrong !!

Yes. Agree with you. I have informed the agency who will arrange the enginner to visit sometime this (guy is on leave for last few days).

1. Water pressure is settled to 2.6 bar now. Not sure how we can reduce it to 1.
2. Fronst protection - it seems it kick off during winter when the tempaerature is below -4. As its getting kicked off now, it means something wrong with boiler temperature senser.
3. One interesting observation. Room thermostat set to 20 degree. I set the CH to kick off for night 22:00 to 23:00 and morning 06:00 - 07:00 During this time interval, the display shows time and bolier status from OFF to ON. But the bolier doesn't fire. The bolier fire only when you change the room Thermostat to 24!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back