Biasi Garda M96.24SM losing hot water after a few mins

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Having a problem with my boiler here, I have a Biasi Garda M96.24SM, it seems to work fine for a few mins then the hot water cuts out.

1: Green light on the left is flashing a 1 second intervals
2: Boiler temp is ~27 degrees
3: Pressure is ~ 1
4: I turn on the hot water and the boiler fires up fine
5: The water runs fine for a few mins then the flame goes out and the water starts going cold (the boiler has running at round 60 degrees for a couple of mins at this point according to the reading)
6: Water starts getting colder and is fully cold within a minute (flushing out the water that was still in the boiler I presume)
7: The light on the left starts blinking a lot faster
8: The boilers temperature drops pretty fast to the point it was before I switched it on
9: The boiler wont ignite the flame for about 20 mins. When it does, go back to step 4.

The same seems to happen with the radiators, but it cuts out at a lower temperature than with the hot water (~45 degrees, I think it cuts out before it gets to its intended temperature)

I have the version of the boiler with two circuit boards, I had this problem about 2 years ago and replaced the board (this fixed it up until recently). I replaced the board again when I had the same problem but this time it did not fix it.

I've heard these boilers are really reliable and are very fixable (not by me, im not going anywhere near the gas stuff, changing the board was as far as I am willing to go). While it would be great if anyone here could tell me what the problem is, it would be equally as helpful to tell me what it definitely isnt (in regards to the boiler operation, I mean I know James Bond isnt secretly disconnecting my hot water or the Klingons dont like a warm East London house :) )

Thanks in advance everyone.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back