Problem with biasi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - wondered if anyone could offer some advice.

I have a BIASI GARDA HE model - M96.24SM/B2 and I'm not getting any hot water all of a sudden.

The CH is working fine since I've tested that but the hot water is not coming through at all.

The only light that is on the front is on the far left and it is flashing on and off ever second (which, by the manual, suggests that the boiler is functioning normally).

Yesterday we had our cold water supply relaid since we had a leak in the old pipe. Is it possible that the people who did this work have not reconnected the supply to the boiler?

Thanks for any help!
C

Sponsored Links
Thats a nice and informative posting with the boiler model and the important clue!

I expect that after replacing the water main the pipe was not flushed through and dirt has either blocked the filter if nothing comes out of the hot tap at all.

OR

The DHW flow switch has been jammed by dirt from the same source.

Tony Glazier

You really need a competent boiler engineer who already knows how to fix that problem ( if my remote diagnosis is correct! ).

Not all will know how to deal with it and depending on the age of the boiler some are quite difficult to work on with that fault.

Tony

Sponsored Links
You're right - there's dirt in the system and the engineer I called out today suggested I get in touch with biasi directly to have one of their guys come and fix it.

It's a very new boiler (not even 6 months old)...

Will get onto biasi tomorrow and live without hot water for another day!

Thanks for your help.
C

you my want to check with biasi as this situation sounds to me that this will not be covered under the boiler warranty it could end costing you a small fortune if its not :!:

You really need a competent boiler engineer who already knows how to fix that problem.

Tony

You should have taken my advice about only calling someone who would know how to fix it !

I would guess that over 80% would be struggling !

Tony

Got your post after the engineer had been out. At 8 and a half months pregnant needed to get onto it quickly! But the engineer seemed pretty good actually and knew what to do and how to fix it but said that, since the boiler was so new, it might be under warantee and the biasi engineers would therefore be a safer bet that him taking the boiler to bits incase it left the boiler prone to any future leaks / problems.

Hopefully will be able to claim back the money from the water company who laid the new mains yesterday...

C

It will not be covered by the warrantee as its not the maker's dirt.

We would charge up to £106 as there is quite a lot of work to take it apart depending on exactly which version of the boiler you have.

If its the latest Mk II with a black plastic right hydraulic block then its a simple job but the dirt often damages the plastic filter which has to be replaced so make sure the engineer brings one with him !

I have yet to find anyone who has successfully claimed against the water co in these situations.

Hope its repaired in time for your new boy !

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back