Biasi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a biasi boiler M96.24SM/B2 and it has not been working for a number of days now.

This is what has been happening

1. 2nd lamp and third lamp lights both flashing. I have video of this.

2 i turn the hot tap on and you can here the water but nothing happens.

3. I turn the room stat up to 25 and heating does not come on either.

After reading the book i think it might be the ntc sensor. Any ideas

Sponsored Links
Is the first light off ,second and third both flashing simultaneously ?
If so ,press the reset button ,wait ten seconds then turn off electric supply to boiler.
Don't run any hot taps.make sure wall thermostat is calling for heat and central heating temp selector is on its highest setting.
Switch electric supply back on.
All three lights should illuminate briefly then go out.
The first and third lights should then flash. Listen for the sound of the fan starting.
Report back on what the result is.

The 1st flashes green for a bit then when hot water or heating is called for it comes on for split second then goes off then the 2nd and 3rd light flash at the same time. 2nd light flashes red third light green

Last edited:
I do have a video but wont let me upload it. I could email it you

Sponsored Links
The first light flashing on its own is the boilers stand by mode indicator.
Follow my instructions step by step and report back on.....
1. If you hear the fan start
2. Lights sequences.

Ok 1st light flashes green then goes off the 2nd light flash red and third light flashes green both 2nd and third light flash together in time. If left alone it returns to the 1st flashing light green. Hot tap is then ran and water flows boiler seems to hum for bit then 2nd and third light flash again. Heating does not come on either.

Wait until boilers first light is flashing on its own ,look thru the sight glass while a second person turns on a hot tap ,can you see any sparking ,or the burners igniting ,momentarily ?

Not sure this is my bro boiler and I'm not there doing it from memory. Someone has looked at it and thinks it the Ntc sensor.

Could be the central heating ntc , but could be several things. Think you will need to advise bro to engage an engineer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back