Biasi Boiler Help Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, new here... My mate told me there were some very clued up people on this site and someone would be able to help. Just read some of the other topics and it looks like he is right.

I have a Biasi Garda HE (M96.24SM/B). The hot water is working fine but I can not get the central heating to work. There are 3 lights on the front and the left one of these is flashing (the other 2 are not on or flashing)

Any ideas of where to start?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
from memory it sounds as though CH is not in operation. the CH temp knob also acts as a selector switch, make sure its turned right up. it shouldnt be pointing at what looks like a sun (summer)
also that 'ON' is visible on the programmer display, and finally the room stat turned up.

Thank you sir, I will try that when i get home. I am guessing you are right though as after just talking to my girlfriend she has changed her story of "No I did not touch anything" to "Well i might have turned a few dials and pressed a few buttons"
I think my boiler will be fine, think most of the problems in my life are down to a faulty woman.

Thanks again :D

Dont be dissapointed that she could not get it to work on CH.

Last week I had to talk THREE installers through setting the timeclock to get that model boiler working! They all thought the CH was faulty.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
Dont be dissapointed that she could not get it to work on CH.

Last week I had to talk THREE installers through setting the timeclock to get that model boiler working! They all thought the CH was faulty.

Tony

i dont understand them either :oops:
i was asked to set one up on the ideal mini the other day it is complicated without MI

If you dont know put the red slider switch to the bottom and the left button toggles from on to off.

An important factor is that the set times must be logical! An "off" MUST be later than an "on".

Spend 15 minutes and you will know them inside out.

Other feature is the timer. This only works if say two hours are set AND the slider is raised to the "auto" position. Otherwise it stays on for ever.

Tony

thanks tony, yeah i usually just overide as you described when it comes to testing, never really concerned myself with setting up times etc.

ill make sure i know it for monday!

rob

There is another amusing feature!

If the clock and one on/off sequence is not set then the boiler will assume its in an empty house and switch off the heating after 27 hours!

Since part of the work of installing a boiler is setting the timeclock and explaining the controls to the user then that catches out the cowboys who dont bother even setting the clock!

Tony

Errrr, its me again. That has not cured it. I dont know if any extra info from me will help.
Hot water is fine, the boiler kicks in and everything works ok.
If i turn the boiler off at the mains and then back on, 2 of the 3 lights on the front flash at the same time (Left and right), the boiler clicks and makes some noise and then stops. At this point just the light on the left will start flashing.
The thermostat on the wall seems OK as you can hear it click as you rotate it.
Every now and then the central heating will work but it will only stay on for a few minutes and then switch off.
I have only had the boiler about 5 months but because of building work that was going on in my house it was full of dust. I have now hovered this out.

Any more ideas?

Cheers
Matt

If the left light is flashing at one sec on and one sec off then thats the standby condition with no demand for heat.

Does the clock show "on" ?

Is the right hand knob between - and + ?

If so then I would guess the thermostat is faulty or not connected.

If thats the case then if you open the left small panel of the PCB cover then the thermostat should be connected between the outer two connections on the choc block at the front.

You could measure the AC voltage across the thermostat connections AT THE BOILER and this should be zero if the thermostat is on.

Whats happening?

Tony

PS Basic points! I assume the rads are turned on! Also the flow and return valves under the boiler are both on with the lines vertical !

If its never worked then the plastic transit plug may have been left in position blocking the flow!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back