Biasi Garda HE Boiler and intermittent hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

Just like to say that this is one impressive forum. This is my first post so bear with me.

I have a Biasi Garda HE Boiler (M96.28SM/B 47-970-26) which appears to have a problem on the hot water side of things.

When I turn on a tap the boiler fires up and heats the water for approximately 8-10 seconds before cutting out. Upon cutting out the 3rd LED flashes which indicates excessive temperature on the primary circuit. The boiler cuts out for about 15 seconds and the whole cycle starts again.

From looking at this site it looks like this might be a problem with the heat exchanger, could I be correct with my diagnosis?

The boiler was installed a few years ago a couple of days before Christmas. Unluckily my old one bit the dust and an engineer came and installed this at the last minute. I can't say whether or not the system was flushed but I doubt it was.

What I'd like to know is how I can deal with this? Do I need a new heat exchanger or can this be cleaned in or out of situ? Could I have miss diagnosed the fault or does this seem like the likely culprit?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Yours,

Marty

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back