Biasi Heat exchanger

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there
Brilliant site....my problem I had a heating engineer out through my house Insurance, I was getting tepid water from the taps but C/H was fine. He explained that the DHW heat exchanger was blocked and this was not covered under my policy, he advised me to put some Fernox restorer in to the system( which I have done) and after a few days the water would get hotter, then after 2 weeks to flush the system to get rid of the sludge.I phoned around a few engineers later that day and they have said this will not help your water problems if any thing it would make it worse because I would get sludge in my boiler. I have since ordered a new heat exchanger. Is there any thing I can do meanwhile to get some hot water??? a quick fix

will the new heat exchanger fix the problem and which engineer is telling the truth...do I need to power flush the system

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
why get a new one take the old one out and fill it with this

hi again....will the fernox restore work in my system to clear the blockage in my heat exchanger...and will a new one fix my problem

many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back