Radiant RCM . R type B Combi Boiler - hot water fault.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had a problem with hot water from my boiler which Britich Gas have attempted to fix about 3 times. The water runs hot for a couple of minutes and then goes tepid and then goes hot again and then tepid and so on. The problem is much worse upstairs. I was told by BG to run some sludge remover through the system for a few days and then drain and flush it out and add corrosion inhibitor and this would solve the problem. They said the heat exchanger was clogged up with sludge. Anyway, I did this and the central heating is much better but the hot water is still the same. I'll need to call BG out again as I pay for 3 star cover but was wondering if anybody could advise what the solution to the problem could be so I can point the engineer in the right direction when they come.
Cheers
Neil

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back