Power flush advised-will it help??-combi boiler-hot water

has anyone noticed that the op isn't actually on contract with bg so doesn't really matter what is covered or not. i've refused to do oca's (fixed price repairs) in the past due to multiple faults tho..
id go with the plate to plate aswell :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Looked at a job (10 yrs + with BG contract) recently where the pump had failed..........British gas 'engineer' says pump probably failed cus system needs flushing

and was it?

I didnt do anything. He wanted a quote for a combi and i told him to make a fuss on the phone and get british gas back to change the pump. He had a mexico with twin pump system and as the hotwater was working fine it was obvious he needed a new heating pump.
He did however stink of p#ss so thats probably wh the BG bloke did a bunk.

erm, so let me see if this is right. you have just slagged off BG in public for something that you are not even sure has been correctly or incorrectly advised? :confused:

has anyone noticed that the op isn't actually on contract with bg so doesn't really matter what is covered or not. i've refused to do oca's (fixed price repairs) in the past due to multiple faults tho..
id go with the plate to plate aswell :LOL:

he changed his post after most had read it, including me.

gaz, are you trying to say you have never walked into a house on an OCA and the customer has directed you to multiple faults, to which you then tell them it will be a charge for every fault, to which they tell you to **** off out of their house? :LOL:

oh right..

n no never :LOL:
had a britony other day on the new insurance cover :confused: asked the customer what was happening or not, which he replied no work, no fire. goes and has a look, its peeing out from the aav and plastic manifold, the pressure was at 3bar, the aps wasn't making, and all the knobs from the front was missing (all of this has happened after he'd signed up) :rolleyes:

the other trick i like is to get a local rgi out who goes and tells um, ooo that part is £xxx, id ring bg they'll do the lot for a fix price repair. soon as they tell me that iam off :LOL:

Sponsored Links
not had any of those insurance things yet. seems a waste of time for both the customer and us though.

the phrase "not covered madam" will be getting used a lot.

erm, so let me see if this is right. you have just slagged off BG in public for something that you are not even sure has been correctly or incorrectly advised? :confused:
Ive slagged a guy who wasnt interested in doing what a customer has paid for. Because he works for british Gas doesn't, contrary to some peoples belief excuse that.

As for advise, if he'd removed the pump and it was full of sludge then yes, powerflush needed to prevent future problems.
However he did nothing and left a customer with no heating and the belief they needed a new boiler.

Im not an arse twicher, if someone does a s##t job I'll tell them whoever they work for.

Ive slagged a guy who wasnt interested in doing what a customer has paid for. Because he works for british Gas doesn't, contrary to some peoples belief excuse that.

As for advise, if he'd removed the pump and it was full of sludge then yes, powerflush needed to prevent future problems.
However he did nothing and left a customer with no heating and the belief they needed a new boiler.

Im not an a**e twicher, if someone does a s##t job I'll tell them whoever they work for.

ive no problem with that, as long as he hasnt been warned about water quality before. i assume you asked the customer?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back