chemical flush or power flush

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old central heating system. I was told before the new boiler is installed, a flush (chemical or power) will be needed. Due to change a new hot water cylinder, I have flushed the central heating system for several times, no chemical, no power. The water appeared is clean. What is the difference of the chemical and power flush?

Sponsored Links
I have an old central heating system. I was told before the new boiler is installed, a flush (chemical or power) will be needed. Due to change a new hot water cylinder, I have flushed the central heating system for several times, no chemical, no power. The water appeared is clean. What is the difference of the chemical and power flush?

you cannot see the sludge sometimes

dont mean it aint there

Have a look here

http://www.kamco.co.uk/powerflushing.htm

Does that mean the "chemical flush only" is not good enough? Or may be chemical flush first and magnaclean fitted will do the same job? Thank you.

you cannot see the sludge sometimes

dont mean it aint there

Have a look here

http://www.kamco.co.uk/powerflushing.htm[/QUOTE]

Sponsored Links
It is a two pronged attack for me, Mechanical removal of muck followed by chemical cleansing.

As you have a cylinder, the type of boiler to be fitted will be more tolerant of dirt than a combi.

In that case perfect cleansing will be less important.

Unfortunately, the effectiveness of the different methods depends on the skill and application of the operator and what, if any, chemicals he uses.

Without personally seeing your system its difficult to give advice.

However, I would expect that chemical cleaning using X800 circulated hot for four hours using unidirectional power flushing techniques followed by inhibiting with X100 would probably be adequate without a magnetic filter in YOUR case ( only ).

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back