Central heating power flush, boiler now cutting out

We dont go anywhere for free and always charge for diagnostic work which I consider is the only way to properly run a business.
Wrong, and irrelevant anyway. Please focus on the original topic.

If I worked for free then I would be working 24 hours a day.
Wrong, and irrelevant anyway. Please focus on the original topic.

Sponsored Links
I must agree i read this forum a lot and Tony a lot of your comments are very condescending towards people. Im a fairly inexperienced engineer (around 5yrs on the tools) and you are the kind of person on a daily basis I hate coming across a Mr Know It All. No doubting your probably a fantastic engineer but not everybody is intent on boasting about it the way you are. People are looking for pleasant advice on this forum not u and ur smarmy comments.

Well said,

we are all here for one purpose either to help or be helped, the negative comments should be left off this forum.

If you don't have any thing nice to say, saying nothing is always a good policy.

just wondering what was happening on this now? it's like a soap opera this forum sometimes waiting for the next instalment ;)

Sponsored Links
I notice the novice mistake!

I power flushed from a radiator if that makes any difference, when I tried it the other day on radiator started to get warn then the boiler shut off.

i also left the pump in place and bled that after also via the centre screw

you left the pump in place when you flushed via a radiator, wonder where all the sh1t is sitting.......behind the pump maybe.

Any idea what i ahve done wrong

yes trying to do a job your not trained in, Diy shelves me boy not plumbing, leave it to the timeserved tradesmen.

surprised none of the diy experts on here noticed your mistake, experts every one of them...or so they think.

take pump off and clean out crap, away you go

LOL

plumbelec.

what i failed to mention is that after my mistake a brand new pump was fitted, so your theory does not hold water, pardon the pun.

okay situation so far is that all rads are getting warm but not to temperature, think there may still be a blockage somewhere and it may be a case of cutting some pies at some stage possibly.

i placed a call to the company who did the flush and they are coming back in the next couple of days to strip the boiler and check the heater exchange i think they said, they also mention that the boiler may never get to temperature as they believed it was too small for the premises think they said the output was 1800btu they didn't mention what size they think i should have if this is the case, but i will ask when they return.

What i have done is to try to switch all rads off except 3 to see if they increase in temperature on the advice of the plumber who installed the new pump last week.

i placed a call to the company who did the flush and they are coming back in the next couple of days to strip the boiler and check the heater exchange i think they said, they also mention that the boiler may never get to temperature as they believed it was too small for the premises think they said the output was 1800btu they didn't mention what size they think i should have if this is the case, but i will ask when they return.

I thought you said you did the flush as it was too expensive to get a professional in?

What size are the pipes to the radiator, a radiator should be the very last resort to do a powerflush from.

Did you ballance the system correctly after the power flush?

Did you set any manual by-pass that may be fitted back to it's original setting?

Is the pump on the right way and settting correct?

If none of the radiators at all are getting hot, then the partial blockage is between the boiler and the first tee to the first radiator.

All in All you need to get someone out who's know's what there doing.

plumbelec

i initially did the job myself then as posted i got a firm in to rectify my mistakes.

the pipes are standard 15mm to the rads, and the pump was fitted by a registered plumber, their are no manual bypass valves etc.

as per prior post i have switched off 8 rads, the 3 remaing are piping hot, if waht i am told is correct then i should hopefully be a able to localise the problem by this method before the company who did the flush returns, if not they will hopefully find the problem upon their return.

Any one have any sugestions while i wait for the revisit what else i can try in a bid to fault find, bearing in mind i have little knowledge.

Have the cold feed and expansion pipes been cut out to check for blockages there?? Use a magnet where they T into the flow pipe??

A powerflush machine will never shift a proper blockage no matter what chemical is used..the blockage needs to be cut out and pipework cleaned or replaced.... and 75% of the time if all the rads are affected then its the cold feed area thats restricted.

I have never seen a potty profile heat exchanger block up so would be doubtful on that one!

superdupergasman";p="1115177 said:
Have the cold feed and expansion pipes been cut out to check for blockages there?? Use a magnet where they T into the flow pipe??

Pipes have not been cut out as yet, but i will suggest this to the plumbers when they come if they don't suggest it first, as far as i am aware they are doing a full service on the boiler and cleaning the matrix they advised.

You need to have the heat input to the boiler measured and compare the output with the radiator heat outputs.

This will identify if the heat output is sufficient and if the boiler is functioning at the rated power level.

Tony

Thanks for that Tony

i will ensure when they come that they do that also, they have confirmed they will be here thursday AM.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back