Biasi M90E.24S boiler refilling?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A friend of mine has suggested i ask a question on this forum as he's had a lot of help on here!

We have a biasi combi boiler and can't work out how to refill it, i need to refil a radiator, the pressure is at around 0.9 bar.

The instructions are pretty clear saying there are two control valves attached to a flexi pipe, except there is only one control valve (black):

BEA8031D-E936-4845-851C-9D3D8E14796A-548-0000001D79A3ACDB.jpg

When I open the valve nothing happens? I was expecting the pressure to rise with the associated water rushing noise.

I've Checked the length of flexi and there is definitely no other co volt valve that I can see. The flexi joins the third pip along at the T piece, it has a 10mm nut in the section attached to the t piece pipe. I loosened this off and it leaked so I'm guessing its not that!

Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction?

Sponsored Links
the black handle end is the cold water mains (t-piece) then the flexible hose should feed into the return central heating pipe. It looks like it feeds into a non-return valve is i can see correctly. If you can take the flexible hose off by the non- return valve and open up the black handle and see if mains water is expelled.

If it is, then there may be a screwdriver slot the other end preventing it reaching the central heating side.

Check the shaft under the black knob is really turning.

The double non return valve at the other end may be blocked/jammed.

Tony

Thanks for the replies.

There was water flowing through the pipe from the black valve. I turned it while the washing machine was filling and the rate of filling dropped off dramatically.

I bled the radiator and the pressure did not change. After I bled I turned the black valve and could hear water rushing in. Maybe the pressure gauge has failed?!

Sponsored Links
The internal tube to the gauge often blocks.

Sometime they respond very slowly afterwards.

If your mains pressure is not too high then leave the filling valve open for a few seconds until you hear the flow rate start to slow.

Tony

Hi, I'm not great with boilers but I have no pressure and this type of boiler, could some one explain what the yellow and blue leavers are? I don't have the black one as in this picture but we have no user manualto help us. Thanks in advance

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back