biasi m90e 24s wont fire up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi. i have a biasi m90e 24s and the burner wont fire up. It runs through the sequence and then it locks. I push the reset button and it does exactly the same again. do you have any idea what is the problem. The fan is working, the pump is working and air pressure switch is working. it sparks but doesnt fire up. thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
I had the exact similar problem with my 2001-vintage Biasi 24kW combi (not sure of exact model - it's not printed on the boiler!).

In the end, I plumped for a fixed-price repair from Biasi. It was just over £200, and I had a couple of parts replaced (a local boiler repair man reckoned the parts alone would cost him £300+), including the gas valve.

All the details are on their web site. They send local contractors who have been trained/approved by them. The people who came to see me (from Hartlepool) were excellent.

Lately, however, there is a slight whine from the fan. If i tap the flue from the inside, it stops. I suspect the bearings... Maybe it's not long before it needs replacing?

Rich, your boiler is a 24S. Completely different from the M90 owned by the OP.

Its difficult to know what was the real fault on your boiler and what really needed to be changed.

I would have to charge £223 if the gas valve had been at fault. But it may not have been the real or only fault.

The M90 fault could be caused by several different problems. The APS is not something which a DIYer should be touching. Its unlikely to be relevant anyway. Most likely to be a faulty gas valve or PCB but other causes are possible. As always a competent boiler engineer is usually the best solution.

Tony

Ah, 24S, that's handy to know, thanks.

I only commented because the Biasi fixed-price option worked out well for me. Diagnostics, possible multiple parts, plus labour, would have been very pricey indeed in my case.

At least with a Biasi 'agent', I knew that the person who turned up (a local firm, operating under contract) had at least some level of Biasi training and/or access to hotline support. And I was slightly terrified of someone sucking their teeth and saying I needed a new boiler - particularly when cheapo boilers are sold in B&Q, and usually fitted badly, so it's easy to write-off the installation and recommend new.

Tony: I know from your previous postings that you've been fairly positive re. Biasi. Please don't think any of that is directed at you!

Sponsored Links
The stranger appears.
smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-082.gif

ey up bonny lad
aint had time of late been subbin in a foundry 12 hours
have to turn a shilling somewhere
bleedin wolf was getting house trained :LOL: :LOL:
solenoid worked a treat BTW ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back