Biasi Radiators "clunk" and wake me up!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Last year I put brand new Biasi rads in all our rooms. As we didn't use them during the summer I forgot that when they are heating up they "clunk" and it really p1sses me off as I can't have the heating come on before I get up as they wake me half an hour early!!!! They are the ones with the grills over the top and the side covers which I have tried removing but they still make this noise.

Got any tips?? (apart from replace them all!!!!!)

Cheers!!

Sponsored Links
Is it a continous repetitve clunk or a light ticking (thermal expansion).

If you have fitted thermostatic valves are they on the correct way round or bi-directional. If you put the TRV's to max does it still make a noise.

To be honest I think it's more thermal expansion (a very loud ticking) but it seems to happen with one radiator in particular (one of the ones in the bedroom). I understand that as they warm up they expand, but to wake me up seems a bit strange, I was under the impression they weren't cheap radiators?

Sponsored Links
Try lifting and reseating the radiator on its fixing brackets.

There is supposed to be a little U-shaped plastic thing that lies between the hooks on the wall bracket and the fixing strips on the back of the rad. I don't know if you can buy then as accessories somewhere. They have been around a few years but are not found on older installations. As they have a very glossy surface they slide when expanding instead of creaking like the metal-on-metal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back