BIASI RIVA 24s - Ignition / Timer start-up problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly, I have NO expertise in this area so I hope you can appreciate my ignorance for terminology, but hope someone can help? :rolleyes:

We have a Biasi Riva 24s http://www.biasi.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=136&Itemid=151 that has started to give us a problem.

Ignition has started to fail, causing the red lock-out lamp to come on. This is happening in both 'Domestic' call off and 'Timer CH' mode.

It then requires multiple tries to get the igition to re-light, to provide hot water. The ignition sparks are clicking between the electrodes(viewed through the clear window), but it takes several re-set attempts before the flames light full ignition is acheived. Most times it just keeps locking out back out.
If/when it does ignite properly, the boiler will only run for a short while (less than an hour) before locking out again, causing no Domestic HOT water or CH.

Obviously this is getting really frustrating when you hope/expect the CH to have fired-up when timed to do so.

The Pressure is steady at about 1.5/1.7 bar and temp on CH goes upto around 60degs when running.

Your thoughts please?

Sponsored Links
Ign pcb ?? gas valve possibly ? would suggest you obtain some profesional assistance , to check them also the ign gas pressure !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back