Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, need some advice regarding my boiler, I had issues with hot water, sometimes not working, changing temperature while it was running, I thought it was temperature sensor. I have changed it but it made no difference. I've been told to clean heat exchanger as the boiler has displayed "no water or absence of flow" according to its manual. I have done that but now it won't work and display this fault. I'm attaching video of it.
Any idea which would point me to right direction would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
If you get a response, don’t expect it to be anything but abuse from here onwards.

Last edited:
Did you isolate the gas valve when working on the heat exchanger and havent turned it back on ?

Gas valve is on. I believe to be trapped air in boiler. So the water does not circulates. Therefore the boiler has gone to lock out. However if the pump doesn't run I can't clear it. Any suggestions

Sponsored Links
have you manually bled the pump ? is the condensing heat exchanger blled point top left hand side of the heat exchanger open ?

Yes, I've done it. Also checked the pump and it's free to move. But as it shows on video does not even try to spin pump just cuts off.

Are you getting voltage to the pump ?

Is the pump proving switch making ? Remove the micro switch and press it with a small screw driver.

Does it fire up then ?

They can act like this when the pump proving is faulty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back