BIASI RIVA COMPACT HE M96.28SR/C BOILER

Hi Slugbabydotcom,

If I take the nail out then I get no hot water at all and the red shut off light comes on, there is no sludge in it, I have replaced the micro switch and the diaphragm and it still doe not work?

Sponsored Links
That flow switch is a safety device and should not have been by-passed. I would classify your boiler as 'At Risk' if it is still in a by-passed state.

its alright slug mr glazier has already told the OP " YOUR BOILER IS POTENTIALLY FINE"

"and for that reason,im out"

The boiler will be fine when the blockages are removed and the system power flushed or otherwise adequately treated.

In the meantime the owner still continues to leave it with the safety device bypassed which is potentially dangerous.

Tony

The boiler will be fine when the blockages are removed and the system power flushed or otherwise adequately treated.

In the meantime the owner still continues to leave it with the safety device bypassed which is potentially dangerous.

Tony

so the OP should contact Gas Safe Register, and inform them of the actions of 2 biasi engineers(or biasi`s representatives).

mr glazier how come NOW its potentially dangerous when,with exactly the same information, you said "your boiler is potentially fine"

do not come back on here to post " i meant when they flush the system, then replace heat ex, replace diaphragm and possibly valve,and er er remove nail bypassing a safety device. when all these things are done you potentially have a fine boiler"

to the OP,since posting this thread what have you done concerning your boiler?

Sponsored Links
so the OP should contact Gas Safe Register, and inform them of the actions of 2 biasi engineers(or biasi`s representatives).

mr glazier how come NOW its potentially dangerous when,with exactly the same information, you said "your boiler is potentially fine"

Whilst I appreciate that you live in Scotland, I do perceive that you have some difficulty understanding the common language which is called English but might be better called British.

Yet again, I must explain that those engineers were not working on behalf of, or in any representing, any boiler manufacturer when they allegedly bypassed the safety device.

From what we can gather, the OP is fully aware of this dangerous situation but has done nothing to remove this potential danger.

When I said his boiler is "potentially fine", what I meant was the simple meaning that "the boiler has the potential to be fine".

It is not fine now and to become fine will need some work to be done on it which I or any other competent engineer would be able to do.

Tony

That pump flow switch proves that the pump is pulling water round the system. If theres a blockage or the pump isn't working the boiler will overheat and cut out as you describe.
I reckon as I already stated that your pump might have stiffened up causing reduced flow also possibly some crud is stopping that plunger/pin from operating the microswitch.
Keep using your boiller in the way that you are and you will kill it!

Tony I have already paid for two engineers, neither of which solved the problem.

What area do you cover and how much would you charge to FIX the problem, I live near High Wycombe, Bucks.

Paul

Whilst I appreciate that you live in Scotland, I do perceive that you have some difficulty understanding the common language which is called English but might be better called British.

Yet again, I must explain that those engineers were not working on behalf of, or in any representing, any boiler manufacturer when they allegedly bypassed the safety device.

From what we can gather, the OP is fully aware of this dangerous situation but has done nothing to remove this potential danger.

When I said his boiler is "potentially fine", what I meant was the simple meaning that "the boiler has the potential to be fine".

It is not fine now and to become fine will need some work to be done on it which I or any other competent engineer would be able to do.

Tony

If you wanted to ask about the possibility of my sorting out your boiler then you need to privately email me from the details in my profile.

However, first you could usefully remove the pump head and do the finger test ( see FAQ on this site ) and check that the eye of the pump is not blocked.

The pump should only run for five seconds if the flow switch is not activated.

Tony

Hi Tony,

I have never used this site before, how do I get to the FAQ and the details in your profile?

If you wanted to ask about the possibility of my sorting out your boiler then you need to privately email me from the details in my profile.

However, first you could usefully remove the pump head and do the finger test ( see FAQ on this site ) and check that the eye of the pump is not blocked.

Tony

Click on Forum index along the top then plumbing and heating and see FAQ near the top.

Click on my screen name beside this posting and you get my profile.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Are you talking about FAQ No. 13) HOW DO I KNOW IF THE PUMP IS WORKING CORRECTLY?
Posted by Bengasman

Tony

No I mean FAQ 18 which I wrote!

To make it more difficult for you there are TWO lines of FAQs. You need the two page one!

Tony

Whilst I appreciate that you live in Scotland, I do perceive that you have some difficulty understanding the common language which is called English but might be better called British. PATRONISING AND RACIST

Yet again, I must explain that those engineers were not working on behalf of, or in any representing, any boiler manufacturer when they allegedly bypassed the safety device. 2ND POST FROM OP ( 1ST BIASI ENGINEER PUT NAIL IN, 2ND BIASI ENGINEER COULDN`T FIX IT.THAT SAYS TO ME THEY ARE EMPLOYED BY BIASI
HE DID`NT KNOW IT WAS A POTENTIAL DANGER UNTIL HE POSTED ON HERE.When I said his boiler is "potentially fine", what I meant was the simple meaning that "the boiler has the potential to be fine".THOUGHT YOU WOULD SAY THAT, RE MY PREVIOUS POST
It is not fine now and to become fine will need some work to be done on it which I or any other competent engineer would be able to do. OP HAS PAID FOR 2 ENGINEERS TO FIX THE PROBLEM,THEY HAVE`NT AND HAVE LEFT A SAFETY DEVICE BYPASSED, AS A REGISTERED GAS INSTALLER, I WOULD BE CONTACTING BIASI DEMANDING THEY REPAIR OR TOTAL REFUND, AND CONTACTING GAS SAFE TO INFORM THEM OF BIASI`S ENGINEERS INCOMPETENCE.
PJSK HOPE YOU GET SOME SOLUTION TO YOUR PROBEM WITH THE BOILER.

Tony

If they were Biasi appointed service agents then may be the op can tell us ther names.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back