Biasi riva compact M90E lockout problem

TONY you owe the man an apology from all your slaggging off and presumptions ,be man and apologise

Or does he have to pay your 84 quid diagnostic fee

Sponsored Links
There are two coils on the gas valve. Can you measure the resistance which is on the bottom two pins and the second up and the top as orientated with the blue coil at the top? That will confirm its was indeed faulty.

You have now confused me about the flow switch. First you said it was jammed but now you say its moving correctly? What has changed?

Tony

OK. I will have to get someone else to do this as I don't have the equipment. If it means me going back to the shop I bought the new one from I will do so.
Regarding the flow switch, it was the plumber who told me the pin was jammed in the out position so I carried the afore mentioned procedure. Now I have the working for the minute, it seems to be functioning as it should.
Thats the very same test that I did tony. and I also showed the op that the primary pin was stuck out he saw it for himself and also saw me test the gas valve.

Oh, hello Ian.
Yes I saw the pin stuck out, I have not tried to deny that and regarding the testing of the gas valve, all I have is your word on that as I know nothing about the testing myself.

Seems to me , (Coombs) you were economical with the actual aletare , & I get the impression that you suggesting , that you have been treated in a dishonest , way ????

Seems to me , (Coombs) you were economical with the actual aletare , & I get the impression that you suggesting , that you have been treated in a dishonest , way ????

I don't really understand the first part of your comment. I have tried to keep my posts factual and have avoided any personal comments and any suggestions have not been made by me.
All I know is that the reason the plumber was called in the first place was that the boiler kept on going anto lockout and sometimes wouldn't even fire up and this still happened once the gas valve was changed. The fact still remains that I am not 100% sure that it has been fixed although it has worked now for over 24 hours. Also after the plumbers visit yesterday it still was not working.

Sponsored Links
That is not my understanding from what I have since learnt , your post allowed a certain person( true to form) to suggest that an engineer was a cowboy , falseley so !! based upon the imfo u supplied , u also suggest & imply that that very same person may be dishonest , ref gas valve !!

also the dangerous advice being offered by tony agile on how to test combustion related parts ,calling others cowboys etc you should be ashamed of yourself telly tony

I am so glad for change the original repairer has had chance to tell the truth,pity he did not put it in the public forum instead in the cumbustion chamber

Again would have made Agile look like bigger berk then he actually is

That is not my understanding from what I have since learnt , your post allowed a certain person( true to form) to suggest that an engineer was a cowboy , falseley so !! based upon the imfo u supplied , u also suggest & imply that that very same person may be dishonest , ref gas valve !!

Again, I have not suggested anything about anybody being dishonest - the suggestion was made to me. I have tried to describe what has been happening step by step and if someone wishes to make their own conclusions that is up to them. I did question with the plumber when I spoke to him on Sunday about a posibility that the gas valve was not at fault and he maintained that it was. As far as I am concerned he was called out because of a lockout problem, the gas valve (changed on Friday) did not fix the lockout problem (went into lockout several times over the weekend but managed to fire it up and eventually would not fire up at all) and the boiler was still not working after the plumber left yesterday - fact !! As a paying customer this is a very frustrating thing to happen. If the plumber wishes to add any thing else to this then please feel free. I even mentioned to him that it has been suggested to me that the gas valve might not be at fault.

Furthermore, if you take it back to when the plumber was first arrived on Wednesday to try and solve the lock out problem, his first suggestion was to give the boiler a service which he carried out at a cost of £75. As the boiler had not been serviced for the past 3 years that I know of, it seemed a good idea and it was suggested that it might fix the problem. As it happened it didn't which takes us up to Friday when he came back and after an hour diagnosed the gas valve which if you read this thread fully did not solve the problem. The business which the sticking out pin was spotted on his 3rd visit on Monday.. I do not believe that I have not been economical with anything. What I do know is that by the time he left on Monday , I had so far spent £305 trying to get the boiler fixed and by this stage when he left it was not even functioning at all.
Anyway, why I am here trying explain myself I don't know, I thought this was a website to try and solve problems !!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back