Biasi Riva HE - Leaking?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

For the last three days, I've come down in the morning to water underneath the boiler.

I've bled all the rads, checked for leaks and topped the boiler back to 1.3 bar (cold) as per the manual.

The system works perfectly all day and evening, and runs around 1.8 bar when the water is at 80c and no leaking from the boiler.

When we go to bed, we turn the stat down to about 18c and do not turn the heating off.

Next morning - water under the boiler again!!
I'm assuming it could possibly be the auto purge valve, but don't know?

Any ideas / help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Sponsored Links
Obviously something is leaking !

Thats mains water, condensate or system water. If the latter then the sys pressure will go down more than normal which is about 0.5 Bar every 2-6 months.

The only way to see is to remove three screws at top and slide up the front cover and have a look inside.

But do this BEFORE the boiler starts heating in the morning otherwise it will just dry up!

Tony

Thanks Agile.

Your correct, must be system water as the pressure had dropped from 1.3 bar to 0.5 bar overnight. That's why I suspected the auto valve, although why it would do it, I don't know.

Busy tonight, but will whip the cover off asap.

Cheers

I would suspect the diverter valve gland! Either the motor one on top or the pressure switch one on the front!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks Tony.

Removed the cover this morning and the water is coming from the cap on the auto air purge valve.

I topped the water back to 1.3 bar and within 10 mins of the boiler running the leak stops??

So, is this a part I can change myself, or should I get someone in? (I'm an engineer by trade, albeit the opposite - refrigeration & air conditioning) - so I'm not too daft!!

Also, what is the consequence of leaving the cap closed for the time being?

Thanks again.

Garry

You could change it.

But if not fiddling with rads could leave it closed for the moment.

Tony

You could change it.

Tony

You could change it.

Tony

You could change it.

Tony

Thanks again Tony.

I'll leave it closed for the moment and change it first week in the new year.

Any idea why it only leaks when the system is off and has been off for a few hours?

It leaks all the time!

Just when on it evaporates!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back