Biasi Riva Plus (m135.30cm) - Troubleshooting

Yes, I put the plastic cover back on. The units are always on because of the need of hot water. The central heating is turned off during warmer months.

Although you know that plastic cover isn't water proof and would do nothing is there was a leak to protect the two pcbs....

Sponsored Links
The plastic cover is not water proof but would significantly divert any water leak from above.

Note there is a "gutter" at the back of the PCB box which is designed to take any water falling from above. BUT there should be a drain hole to allow any water to run out.

Sometimes that drain hole is either not properly formed or gets blocked with debris. It helps to drill it out to a larger diameter!

What caused water to get on to the PCB ?

Tony

There was never a leak as far as the owner was aware. Based on my conversation with What it appears that these boards are prone to corrosion based on condensation because of the constant heat cycles. Plus I'm sure the could have been manufactured to be more robust but they didn't want to say that.

So far so good - I have not had a call from the owner since the repair so I think he is all set.

I've also replaced the circulation pump in another unit for the same apartment building in the same room. Dave from qht was also a tremendous help with that issue as well.

Sponsored Links
Condensation should never occur within a warm boiler unit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back