Biasi vs Baxi vs? choice of combi boiler for small flat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for a combi boiler for small flat I'm building.
Consumer magazine Which considers the Baxi Duo-tec 24 HE to be its bets buy.
However I see that the Biasi Riva Compact 24HE is about £200 cheaper.
Anybody think of anyreason why i shouldnt go for the BIasi or BAxi, or which is better?
I know that the Biasi is SEDBUK band B

Sponsored Links
The Biasi would be more reliable.

However, if you just want to go for a cheaper boiler then why not get a Heatline Capriz?

Thats about £400 cheaper!

Tony

The Baxi duotech is better than the Biasi imho.

Avoid Heatline btw they are shyte.

Baxi-Main 24HE 'A' rated is pretty good for a budgety boiler.

GW CX24 is OK for a cheapy.

But deffo Baxi as opposed to Biasi imho.

Sponsored Links
I am recently seeing a lot of biasi breakdowns , but the installs are not the best ones , and the boilers being in rented accomodation usually are hardly ever serviced.
raveheats, biasi, baxi, gloworm,maybe heatline if insalled correctly and flushed etc. will and should give good service,if serviced regularly :LOL:
that is just my opinion though.

Dave

as gavinda said, you get what you pay for.
more important than the boiler, get a top installer
personally, i only do worcester bosch as i hate to do warranty calls; you don't get paid for them

Thanks guys, what constitutes a good install? Just so that I can make sure its done properly or insist that its done in a certain way.

your best bet is to find a good installer. if it was me fitting the boiler I would fit a heatline but I spend so much time looking inside them doing warranty jobs(I am service agent) that any problem I can nail to the floor. I can set them up in my sleep.

was taking to a bloke the other day. been a service agent for Ferroli 15+ years and guess what... fits Ferroli. bet he could fit one better than me. know what to look out for and nip any promblems in the bud.

if it was a choice of biasi and baxi i would pick biasi... but I don't like biasi as they are fugly, have a silly case design, have far too many screws(the pcb box is a joke) and i don't like the clock. but are reliable, do have a stainless steel condensing hx(that does not crud up with crap over time like giannoni in the baxi) and the baxi in fact has a biasi like Divter valve

so find a good installer that knows what he is doing then ask him what boiler you should get.

sadly you paid top money for your instalation and got bottm rate work.
a good install is pleasing to the eye as well as pleasing to the boiler :D
and sorry to say the exact opposite of what you have,
pipes neat and straight and the location of boiler and rads correct , flushed and treated correctly and all regs. followed.

the best of us sometimes get bitten, although not twice :LOL:

Dave

Thanks guys, what constitutes a good install? Just so that I can make sure its done properly or insist that its done in a certain way.

you can see if an obvious cowboy job is done, but unless you are a trained and experienced rgi, no way you could tell the difference between mediocre and fantastic.

that is why you should find someone who has worked for friends or relatives and who rave about, is preferably local, and then put your faith in him.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back