low cost combi Boiler Reviews

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I will appreciate if users of these boilers write their opinion and experiences about the following; it may help forum readers to choose the best combi boiler. Thank you

1. Biasi Riva Plus 24 kw and 28 kw ?
2. Biasi Advance Plus 25kW Combi Boiler
3. Baxi Duo-Tec 24kW Combi Boiler ?
4. Ariston E-Combi Evo 24 Combi Boiler?
5. Ideal combi boiler 24kw?
6. Maine Combi Eco Elite Boiler 24kw?

Sponsored Links
I will appreciate if users of these boilers write their opinion and experiences about the following; it may help forum readers to choose the best combi boiler. Thank you

1. Biasi Riva Plus 24 kw and 28 kw ?
2. Biasi Advance Plus 25kW Combi Boiler
3. Baxi Duo-Tec 24kW Combi Boiler ?
4. Ariston E-Combi Evo 24 Combi Boiler?
5. Ideal combi boiler 24kw?
6. Maine Combi Eco Elite Boiler 24kw?

As said the Baxi or Main would be my first choice.
However, I've always found Biasi to be good also & we fit loads of Ideals in new builds here in Scotland.

Most boilers will give you years of good service, but, the system must be as clean as Nun's knickers, it installed correctly & commissioned by someone that knows what they're doing. No clueless course Cowboys!!!

Sponsored Links
Buy cheap, get cheap. Cheap boilers tend to have expensive parts and poor manufacturer backup. Of the ones on your list, I'd pick the Baxi

Expensive boilers have expensive parts too. There is no pattern and any cheap parts today is no guarantee they won't rise dramatically over the boiler's lifetime.

I have done some research and the boilers that are less complicated seems to be more reliable. I have also taken advice of almost 15 different boiler engineers, including professionals working for Biasi, Vaillant and Ideal. They all seems to disagree with eachother. Everyone has recomended a different boiler on the basis of less work and more work required if a boiler breaks down.
One boiler engineer has always installed Biasi for example and the other said he has never used any other boiler except vaillant. The advice I have received so far is more based on personal likes and dislikes. Their opinons were mostly based on personal preferences rather than any solid evidence. So far it look like samsung and apple thing, where Apple uses most of samsung's parts but then sell more than samsung somehow. May be its more about perception about different boilers?

Don't believe the hype about expensive boiler means more reliable. It's just not true.

Nothing wrong with Biasi. Avoid Ideal.

My experience with Vailant goes back many years. Crappy plastic aerators that used to melt and expansion vessels that leaked. It was a long time ago and they may well be amazing now. But for me it's etched in and I wouldn't buy one out of choice.

The only think that you have discovered is that boiler installers rarely fit more than one or two makes of boiler.

Bit like how car make owners love their cars! They even join a BMW Owners Club etc.

Tony

Don't believe the hype about expensive boiler means more reliable. It's just not true.

Keep an open mind regards Ideal!!
Have worked on almost all models, current products are quite sound, better even than some other boilers that are being thrown on the wall.
Technical backup is great also- do not have to keep listening to music while announcement keeps telling me calls may be recorded for quality reasons :rolleyes:

Keep an open mind regards Ideal!!
Have worked on almost all models, current products are quite sound, better even than some other boilers that are being thrown on the wall.
Technical backup is great also- do not have to keep listening to music while announcement keeps telling me calls may be recorded for quality reasons :rolleyes:

The syphonic condensate trap is a bit of a pig on these DP. There's no internal sensor, with air starvation to the burner sparking a fault code, being the only warning of trouble. As its syphonic, you must have an open end at the drain connection point of the condensate pipe. So you must follow the MIs to the letter in that regard.

Fitting loads in new builds & so far very good......👍👍

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back