Biasi Riva Plus 24kW Combi Boiler?? anygood??

The Biasi shown at the beginning is one with an ali heat exchanger. They were designed to compete with the cheap boilers like the ideal logic. I dont know their sales figures but seem to have missed the boat!

However, Biasi do make an excellent boiler at about £500. I dont know the fancy name which will be confusing anyway but the actual model number is M269 !

Its based on the tried and tested M96 band B boiler with a little tweaking to make it over 90% efficient and become a Band A.

The reasons its so good is that its a standard burner and not premix and so is very stable and does not need a flue gas analyser to set it up or service it. It has a traditional copper heat exchanger followed by a recouperator to make it condensing. Its now a finned coil in the recouperator to increase the efficiency.

An excellent design based on tried and tested parts.

Tony

Sponsored Links
The Biasi shown at the beginning is one with an ali heat exchanger. They were designed to compete with the cheap boilers like the ideal logic. I dont know their sales figures but seem to have missed the boat!

However, Biasi do make an excellent boiler at about £500. I dont know the fancy name which will be confusing anyway but the actual model number is M269 !

Its based on the tried and tested M96 band B boiler with a little tweaking to make it over 90% efficient and become a Band A.

The reasons its so good is that its a standard burner and not premix and so is very stable and does not need a flue gas analyser to set it up or service it. It has a traditional copper heat exchanger followed by a recouperator to make it condensing. Its now a finned coil in the recouperator to increase the efficiency.

An excellent design based on tried and tested parts.

Tony

hi tony or anyone, i am thinking of getting this now, what do you think to this combi?

http://www.mrcentralheating.co.uk/t...potterton-gold-24-he-combi-inc-std-flue-clock

Biasi have made some very reliable boilers in there day at a very affordable price

afaik the one u are looking at as said is the atmospheric combi that has a fan modulation board & an ally recouperater

How ever in my op Biasi are a lousey company to deal with . a total shower , they do not deal with intermittent in warranty faults " give us a call when the intermittent fault becomes permanent " was the advice from there tech line :) u may end up with a service agent that will go to any lengths do weasel out of any warranty claim , this could include measuring the height of the room stat off the floor , sniffing the water out the boiler , leaving 6 or 7 sheets of A4 paper work with you telling u why the boiler is installed incorrectly

My advice walk away

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back