Biasi M296------Main Eco combis

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Tony (Agile)........Ref previous comments bout Boiler M296

Are the below models this particular variant?

Biasi Riva Advance 24HE Combi Boiler

Biasi Riva Plus 24kW Combi Boiler

Regarding a replacement boiler. I appreciate as noted previously the fitment to a clean system! When you say clean do you mean powerflush and nothing else to achieve this?

Also at merchants last week and they indicated they sell a vast amout of the Main Eco`s which seem a reasonable price. Anyones thoughts welcome?
Regards

Sponsored Links
Not an expert on Biasi, they always seem to be 'managers specials', so can take that anyway you prefer.

What I would say is the Main is part of the Thermea group (in english Baxi/Potterton/Main) and would have a far superior service back-up through the Heat-team arm of the above, with reasonably priced & readily available spares.

I believe the Eco is effectively a rebadged variant of the older 'Duotec', which is well proven.

I do not work for the company.

DH

Dreadnought i totally agree with you,the back up from Baxi Heat team is far superior to the freelance agents who are employed by Biasi, whose sole purpose is to go to the job and find ways of getting out of the warranty .In this respect they are very much like Ideal!

Biasi also have a policy of taking your credit card details before attending a warranty issues

Parts prices are ridiculous as well ,so long after you have installed this economical boiler from Biasi and you require any spares you will realise what ridiculously high prices are charged

Main is far superior choice of these two boilers

Ive fitted a few mains for budget customers including my dad with no complaints . At the end of the day its baxi.

I wouldnt touch a biasi .

Sponsored Links
I dont think or know if those names are the Biasi M296. Names are confusing but the model number on the box defines it exactly.

They are now probably unique. They are are based on the very reliable M96 with an improved secondary heat exchanger which enables them to meet the Band A efficiency of 90 %. As far as I am aware they are now the only current boiler with a conventional burner. These are very tolerant to incorrect adjustment and dont need a flue gas analyser to set up. Nor do they have the expensive combustion chamber seals.

Biasi now employ some staff service engineers. Agents vary in their competence and helpfulness. I have no quarms about fitting a boiler whose maker uses agents.

Biasi started taking a deposit when a fault sounded like dirt related. That was a good plan as why should careful installers have to subsidise those fitting boilers to dirty systems?

Power flushing is just one way of cleaning a
system and usually only needed when its very dirty.

Tony

The Sime Ecomfort, sold by Plumbfix, also has a (band A) conventional burner/recuperator arrangement.

Biasi take money what ever the case ,this is then refunded if the fault is actually warranty related

As usual Agile is stretching the truth

Most agents who are employed on behalf of Biasi have their own vested interest in making work for themselves especially when Biasi will only pay them 40 quid per warranty visit

This issue will not happen with employed staff and one of the best back up service in the boiler business is th Baxi heat team ,comparing the two is like comparing chalk and cheese!

Sime warranty is not the worth the paper its written again no back up

sime warranty is not the worth the paper its written again no back up

The Sime bit was about them making a recuperator type band A, not about their warranty. I think the point Agile is making is that if you provide your own back-up then the employment status of manufacturer's engineers becomes irrelevant.

Tibbot Agole is a service agent for biasi so slightly biased in his opinion mate,yes i know both boilers very well and the superb reputation of both companies :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Few more observations appreciated.

Further opinions appreciated also regarding the Ravenheat CSI 85 AAA (T)?

The reason I would like to know on this one?
My Dad has had the Ravenheat CSI 85 (T) for about 9 yrs now and it has performed really well in that period. Two faults only, both the same in that time ..........Diverter valve Diaphram replaced, ( reverted to heating with loss of Dhw fault )second one replaced today! Hasn`t been a problem at all only for that.

Ref the essentiality of a clean system prior to boiler replacement. Existing boiler was in house 6 yrs ago. Flushed through with clean water a few times via repair 5 yrs ago. Inhibitor added and redone a few times since. System doesn`t appear to be really dirty at all ( judging by drain off ).
Prior to new boiler replacement, would an added cleaner to system for a period be the way to go before getting new one fitted by engineer?
Regards

You're better off finding an installer who'll look after you as a customer. Your approach to finding satisfaction (which some other punters here also seem to take) may make you feel 'empowered' but frequently results in disappointment.

You're better off finding an installer who'll look after you as a customer. Your approach to finding satisfaction (which some other punters here also seem to take) may make you feel 'empowered' but frequently results in disappointment.[/quote]

Of course that is what I will try to do! :eek:

Biasi take money what ever the case ,this is then refunded if the fault is actually warranty related

As usual Agile is stretching the truth

I met someone who had a Biasi and needed a warrantee repair. The symptoms matched a known fault and no deposit was taken!

I was not making any point about providing my own backup.

But I do far prefer when a company will provide me directly with a part to fit under the warranty. Viessmann did that by 0930 the next day recently when I needed a PCB.

Worcester refused to do that for me several years ago and would not send their engineer until a week later as it was Christmas. That was very disappointing.

Tony

These have been known to work for a while on a clean system.

Earlier ones had a problem with failing fan mod pcbs.

They are very difficult to work on though and few engineers are very confident with them.

[ Email if anyone want to fix one in Herts? Had and email today about one with regular lockouts ]

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back