Biasi M296------Main Eco combis

Yes worcester should let you loose on their boilers and provide free parts for what ever you have diagnosed,lets get real here

Biasi not taking money for known fault with their boiler well whoopy doo ,so they are sending boilers out with known faults,how convenient for when these boilers are out of warranty ,huge amount of money to be made on over priced parts

Sponsored Links
However the same can apply to Vaillant (combustion seals, hose pipe kits & diverter rubber), Potterton (Suprima PCB) Glow-worm (Micron PCB).

However the same can apply to Vaillant (combustion seals, hose pipe kits & diverter rubber), Potterton (Suprima PCB) Glow-worm (Micron PCB).

And all those affected most of the boilers of each type.

Biasi since 1998 have been very lucky and had no serious common failures. The nearest thing was a batch of fans about 2003 which were subject to a magnetic fault but this was quickly picked up and the maker changed.

Can you even name any significant fault on any Biasi boiler? ( Thats ignoring dirt related faults which are installer errors! )

Tony

O.k I feel a little 'empowered'

Which of the 3 would you purchase for your own property(Combi)

1. Biasi
2. Ravenheat CSI85AAA(t)
3. Main Eco

Sponsored Links
What difference would it make? Most of us are in the trade and can fix 'em. It's what YOUR installer would have and look after that counts.

I would fit an Intergas or a Viessmann for myself.

For a friend I would suggest a Biasi M296 if they wanted a cheap but reliable boiler.

Tony

OP- This misguided question is asked a few times a day almost every day.
So consider the following;

Do you understand exactly how a combi boiler works?
Do the components mentioned so far mean anything to you?
Are you DIY savvy enough to install one yourself legal or not?

If the answer is no then the information you're getting is pointless as somewhere you'll have to trust your installer over a bunch of cyber strangers.

If the answer is yes then you'll need our opinion even less.

Do you understand exactly how a combi boiler works?
Do the components mentioned so far mean anything to you?
Are you DIY savvy enough to install one yourself legal or not?

Answer to all..Yes!

One of us must be on the wrong forum here! Is it a trade or DIY one.

By the way out of interest did you ever own an old Ford with overhead camshaft and had to have it replaced? Or are you too young to remember them?

I don't give a **** about cars. This is a DIY forum and there are many hours of stored posts about 'best combis' for you to read.

Well you should do! Because you must do a lot of driving to get to YOUR customers!

Many thanks to all for your valued input. I shall make my investment with your opinions in mind.

By the way out of interest did you ever own an old Ford with overhead camshaft and had to have it replaced? Or are you too young to remember them?

I can remember a Ford 100E which had a side valve engine! I knew someone called Henry (?) Boot who had one.

There was also a Ford Pilot V8 ! I dont know if that was a side valve engine or an ohc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back