New boiler: Viessmann?

Their latest model is very good and their service support is very good in most areas once its been passed to the engineer. Many engineers can invoke the warrantee repairs on their own.

Its the HQ and local sales reps who dont seem to live in a modern age where people expect to be called back within an hour and that whats said to be going to happen does.

Tony

Sponsored Links
thats the problem with using agents tony. Some are great, some are good and some are clueless unreliable buffoons.
Better to have direct employees that HAVE to go when the office arranges the appointment on the first contact with the customer, usually within a few days tops. It also seems that agents are more likely to walk away from a boiler due to installer error.

My experience is at variance with yours Mick.

Most independent service agents value the jobs sent their way by the manufacturer and get there quickly. I have done that on two occasions and arrived within 20 MINUTES of the request to the company! The installer was dumfounded as they expect to wait 2-3 days!

You say that an employee will go when "the office" arreanges the appointment "usually within a few days". To me thats appalling!

Whenever possible I go the SAME DAY if the installer was registered AND it seems like a genuine manufacturer's fault.

Otherwise its normally the next day when they owner does not have "an attitude".

My experience of waiting for Ideal was one week in spite of the fact that I told the lady on my first call that I wanted to speak to a member of their design team to authorise me to deal with the problem myself. That was an appalling insult to me.

The independent Viessmann agent came the same day and he came last sunday to my friend.

Tony

I had a Veissmann 100-WB1B fitted 2 weeks ago, only lasted a week before the boiler tripped out most times when I wanted hot water (F3 code). I phoned Veissmann who within a hour had sorted a engineer to come the next day. Pretty good customer service I thought.

The engineer replaced the ionisation probe, lead and PCB. Told me that alot of the Veissmann faults were down to the software not being upgraded on the PCB. Apparently there was a shortage of new PCB's for the model I had (so the old PCB's were being reprogrammed). Veissmann are in the process of updating the software but my new boiler must of slipped through the net!

Sponsored Links
My experience is at variance with yours Mick.

Most independent service agents value the jobs sent their way by the manufacturer and get there quickly. I have done that on two occasions and arrived within 20 MINUTES of the request to the company! The installer was dumfounded as they expect to wait 2-3 days!

You say that an employee will go when "the office" arreanges the appointment "usually within a few days". To me thats appalling!

Whenever possible I go the SAME DAY if the installer was registered AND it seems like a genuine manufacturer's fault.

Otherwise its normally the next day when they owner does not have "an attitude".

My experience of waiting for Ideal was one week in spite of the fact that I told the lady on my first call that I wanted to speak to a member of their design team to authorise me to deal with the problem myself. That was an appalling insult to me.

The independent Viessmann agent came the same day and he came last sunday to my friend.

Tony

yes but not all agents are the same, that was my point. Some come straight away some come in a week or so! My estimation of "within a few days" was worst case scneario, hence my use of the word "within". I've often gone to repairs same day as a manufacturers engineer as it meant more money! Very often next day, and occassionally in 2-3days. But always within the 3 day timescale, so consistency is the key. I don't want to phone a manufacturer and take a gamble on getting a decent agent. Rather phone a manufacturer and get an appointment there and then, if its urgent the rep can usually push it along a bit.

Have they ironed out the earlier model Viessmann's teething problems that I've read about?

One of my favourite quotes to replace my clapped out Ideal Response 120 for a large 3 bed/2 bath house with 11 radiators involves a Viessmann combi with a telford 180 litre cylinder.

I know plumbers must have their fixed and firm favourites because he threw a fit at the mention of a Worcester and offered to take me to the local scrapyard to view their recent carcassess...

But the reviews of Viessmann seem particularly divisive and mixed (but I guess if I googled every model that appears on the quotes, someone is going to spit feathers)....

If you have more than three people then I would be recommending a larger unvented.

Viessmann boilers are basically very good with probably the best heat exchanger in the industry.

Very unfortunately they suffer from two problems, a totally inefficient and non-customer focussed head office and a suscession of faults on every previous model although the latest seems OK so far.

The past faults are well known and quickly fixed. The five year warrantee must be a big incentive.

It should not matter if something breaks down if its rapidly fixed without any fuss. Isn't it better to have a fault after two months and a five year warrantee than a three year warrantee and two faults before five years which you have to pay for yourself?

Tony

it's very much better to have something that doesn't break down.

Just updating my findings with the new Viessmann domestic range, since my last post they had brought out the new updated 100 compact. As i said i have put it through the test and have fitted 13 since last year and not a snifter of trouble. Actually i did struggle for a short while geting the air out of the heat ex, a quick call to the boys on Tech and it was sorted (thanks very much Phil). I have now also fitted the new 222 35kw storage combi with w/comp. As this was my first one i chose a family member a the tester, replaced a vented cylinder and f/f boiler with this amazing bit of kit. End result very happy superb hot water and a very fast recovery.

Just updating my findings with the new Viessmann domestic range, since my last post they had brought out the new updated 100 compact. As i said i have put it through the test and have fitted 13 since last year and not a snifter of trouble. Actually i did struggle for a short while geting the air out of the heat ex, a quick call to the boys on Tech and it was sorted (thanks very much Phil). I have now also fitted the new 222 35kw storage combi with w/comp. As this was my first one i chose a family member a the tester, replaced a vented cylinder and f/f boiler with this amazing bit of kit. End result very happy superb hot water and a very fast recovery.

Could not find the 222 on there UK site but it is on the .com site. Out of interest how good is the DWH flow rate and how sensitive it is to supply pressure.

I am currently looking at getting a Vaillant 937 installed so would be interested in your opinion.

Thanks

I have never installed a Viessman , & I must admit , I am somewhat surprised by , the amount of problems that some on this forum have had , it has been an education , glad I never used them . I also agree with the comments made by Mickyg about service agents , I would suggest that the O.P , considers a different make !!!

i had only heard good things about viessmann before looking on here .
very interesting

Could not find the 222 on there UK site but it is on the .com site. Out of interest how good is the DWH flow rate and how sensitive it is to supply pressure.

I am currently looking at getting a Vaillant 937 installed so would be interested in your opinion.

Thanks
If i was you id look at an ideal logic plus because a, they have a five year warrenty,b,they have there own direct labour engineers & iv never had a problem with the customer care or getting them to attend a job. the ideal has huge expectations of this blr. I also have installed over 10 no problems what so ever. good luck

i would never fit an ideal boiler .we fit loads of icos boilers and they gave us lots of problems

I have fitted about seven Viessmann and apart from the known problems they have been fine.

It took a week for Ideal to get to a problem Isar. I could have fixed it myself but they refused to put me through to their design team to get their approval.

The Viessmann service agent came the same/next day. But then he is good.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back