Need advice on combi boiler replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear all,

I need some advice on the combi boiler replacement. I live in 3-bedroom midterrace house with one bathroom. I already have got several quotations and I have a choice between the following boilers:

Worcester Greenstar 24i/28i junior
Vaillant ecotec pro 24/28
Vaillant ecotec plus 824
Potterton Heatmax He Combi 24kW/28kW
Viessmann vitodens 100/200

One of the installers says that he can provide 5 year boiler warranty as he is accredited boiler installer for Worcester/Vaillant/Viessmann. Can I trust this? How it is possible to check that? Additionaly, he is persuading to go for Worcester because of their brilliant customer service in comparison with Vaillant/Viessmann.
Another installer is not accredited for boiler companies and his quotations are cheaper by 100-200 quid. However, he provides only 2 year warranty for boilers and 3 year warranty for the job.
Thinking of the insurance the installer with 5-year warranty is more cost effective because boiler insurance costs around 150 quid a year that means 3 year of insurance would cost 450-500 quid.
What would you reckon on these options?

The second question is about pipework. I have 22mm pipe coming out my gasmeter but for the last 2-3 meters it changes to 15 mm pipe. Most of installers say that according to the last regulations there should be 22mm all way through the pipe. However, one of the installers had actually measured the gas flow and said that this last segment does not decrease the flow significantly, so I can avoid opening the floor boards on my first floor. Until present my old boiler Worcester 24i RSF worked pretty well and there were no any problems with insufficient gas flow. My question is: do I really need to change all the pipework for 22mm or it is possible to leave 15mm segment? Will it affect the work of the new boiler?

Thank you in advance!
Alex

Sponsored Links
Go with the installer who checked the gas pressure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back