How to get a five year warranty on a Vaillant system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Having spent weeks researching and getting quotes I'm fairly sure I now know what I want to get to replace my ageing Saunier Duval combi.

My ideal choice would be:

Vaillant uniSTOR 210 indirect unvented cylinder with expansion vessel
Vaillant ecoTEC plus 630 system boiler
VRC 430 Digital weather compensator
VR 81 remote control unit
VR 65 Control centre

I say "ideal" as the plumber I would prefer to install the above is a Worcester Bosch approved fitter! I did have a Vaillant installer quote me and he explained he could give me a 5 year warranty, however, his quote was expensive and he didn't give me the same level of confidence that the Worcester Bosch installer gave me.

The Worcester Bosch installer says he would install a Worcester Greenstar 30CDI system boiler and he would be able to give me a 5 year warranty on this for an extra £130'ish. He would give 3 years standard warranty. Obviously I would only get the manufacturers warranty on the uniSTOR as this isn't Worcester.

I haven't yet asked the Worcester Bosch installer if he would be prepared to fit the Vaillant. I'm not sure how "tied" to a single manufacturer plumbers/installers are. I would guess he wouldn't be able to get the best prices and he wouldn't be as familiar with the range, but at the end of the day I'm sure there can't be much difference between fitting a Worcester or a Vaillant system boiler! Servicing might be an issue, I'm not sure. Would a Worcester fitter service a Vaillant boiler?

Why am I so set on the Vaillant equipment? Because out of all the unvented cylinders I prefer the Vaillant and if a Vaillant boiler is used to heat it then the Vaillant controllers can be fitted into the boiler and used to control both the cylinder and boiler! If I go for a hybrid install; Vaillant cylinder + Worcester boiler, I would end up with a controller for the cylinder and another one for the boiler - not as neat.

So, assuming my preferred (Worcester) fitter was prepared to install the Vaillant boiler would it be possible to get a 5 year warranty for the cylinder and boiler from somewhere? Frankly the standard 2 year manufacturers warranty sucks!

I noticed that boilers2go are offering a 3 year Vaillant warranty if bought through them.

I would appreciate any help on this matter and any comments on my selection of equipment.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back