Replacement boiler - help needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, this is my first post.

I have a four bedroom house on two floors. Three toilets, 1 bath and two showers (1 electric, the other on mains supply), oh and four children. The current boiler is an old Vaillant 24kw combi (about 20 years old) that has now passed away to boiler heaven.

I have 13 radiators all with TRV's.

I have 4 bar of pressure with a flow rate of 14 to 15 Litres per minute.

I see my basic? option of changing the existing Combi for a newer bigger model, top three listings are:-
Viessmann Vitodens 200W-35kw Combi.
Worcester Bosch Green star 37 CDI.
Vaillant Ecotec Exclusive 838.

I also want the Weather compensator controls and all three of the above, you can spec with an option for this.

IF I choose the correct installer for either the viessman or the Worcester Bosch, the Boiler warranty goes from 3 to 5 years.

So basic question is, for the details above, which one would I be advised to buy more?

The next level gets a bit tricker as I have also been advised to put a System boiler in with a pressursied tank. Can the advantages of this over the above Combi's for my house above be explained by any one?

Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
If a combi serves your needs now, it should be fine with the new more powerfull one.

From your list I would Go.

1st Broag Avanta.

2nd WB CDi

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back