Biasi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
biasi combi boiler working normal for HW but only fires up for a few seconds on CH..(enough to heat the flow but no long enough to return)
Pump is still turning, the pin on the diverter valve is moving ok when hot tap is opened
Looking through the manuals fault finding section it points out that it is either the thermistors taking a false reading and cutting off the heating or it is the PCB. I have went and got the new thermistors (£20 for the 2) and am going to try this 1st as It is expensive to get a new board and thought it would be worth it to try the cheapest option 1st especially if the manual says it is one of these two...

Can anyone advise me on what to do if the temp probes dont fix the problem how could i tell if it was the board?
or even the 3 port diverter valve(in some way check it ) the manual doesnt mention it possibly being the diverter valve though..

Sponsored Links
I would want to feel the flow pipe before the diverter valve and see just how hot it is getting, if it is really hot, that would hint that you need to be looking at the valve first

Sponsored Links
yeah.. so it turned out that it was just the termistors as suspected, changed them in no time at all. its all up and running again.
cheers for any input people

You are constantly asking ( simple ) questions about repairing boilers but in spite of being asked to post in the CC you dont !

Firstly, that indicates that you may not be gas registered and thus working illegally.

Secondly, I find it very embarassing that you allow customers to read just how inexperienced you seem to be. When they call an enginer they have no way of knowing if the person they are calling is someone like you who they would not want to be letting into their house!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back