Bibby Bargain Barge?

How many of those 10,000 stores are we guaranteed to get ? Just 1? Then we will charge a higher price.

If you want a lower price, then guarantee me more.
Yep and given that I will sign similar contracts with 5 or 6 other suppliers, don't get too surprised if the phone doesn't ring.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Where did you find this information?

A framwork contract can have the cosst increased, it's bascially a base agreement. So the £1.6 B will be increased.
I'd expect logic like that from Noseall. It's not a base agreement. See chapter 4 - Frameworks

Last edited:
Right wing supporters simply havent twigged that the govt which has spent years making the poor poorer and destroying services is the same govt telling the general public it’s all the fault of foreigners.

its the same govt that spent years blaming the EU for causing all our economic problems……now we’ve left the EU and the economy is as bad as ever so the govt has switched to blaming foreigners
Their client media.

Daily Mail
Sun
Star
GB News
The Times
Telegraph
Facebook
Twitter

They are fed a diet of right wing media which is then amplified by social media and they are constantly seeing provocative stories which distorts their perception and reality.

It is how wars begin and the 'othering' of people - those in power need in groups and out groups so the public are occupied by this and do not challenge the scandalous decisions because they are distracted or told their are more important matters.

Look at the dogs on here getting hard ons over immigration, immigration was never a major issue when Cameron became PM but the failure of the Tory policies meant they need to create an enemy or bogeyman to pin all their failure - it was immigration and the EU.

Now they will come after pensioners and those on minimum wage simply because they cannot grow the economy - always punch down.

I'd expect logic like that from Noseall. It's not a base agreement. See chapter 4 - Frameworks

That doesn't answer my question, it avoids it.
I asked:
Its a framework contract.
Where did you find this information?
Where did you find the information about this 'Framework contract' for the barges?

I don't want a general link to a procurement process, I want this specific information about the barges contract, that you appear to have.

Sponsored Links

already been posted in the thread. hence why we know its a Framework. I posted the other links, because you don't appear to know what a framework agreement is.

And if you follow the links.. [my bold].

CALL-OFF CONTRACT ANTICIPATED POTENTIAL VALUE
The total anticipated potential value of the Call-Off Contract is in the following potential range £1,593,535,200 exc VAT
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in the Call-Off Contract, the total anticipated potential value set out above does not create a commitment of any kind from the Buyer in relation (or bind the Buyer in any way) to any minimum committed spend, volume or otherwise and such anticipated potential value will not be taken into account when calculating any reasonable committed and unavoidable Losses under Clause 10.6.3(b) of the Core Terms

see = call off

Last edited:
already been posted in the thread. hence why we know its a Framework. I posted the other links, because you don't appear to know what a framework agreement is.
Ad hominem attack

the govt have paid £1.6b for a barge.

since they have redacted any details you can’t prove that’s not true.

So that's £1.6B for the Bibby Stockholm Barge for two years.
The call-off contract shall commence 26th day of February 2023 and the Expiry Date will be 25th day ofFebruary 2025.
From your link.

And let's remember that the Bibby Stockholm was delayed.
There's 300 there currently, costing £22Million for two years. That'll be about £75,000 per person, for two years. (more like 18 months now)

Then we can expect more barges to be supplied in the next two years to make up the total to £1.6Billion. Except that by the time they're provided and ready, there'll only be a few months left on the 'Framework contract'. :rolleyes:

And if there's a change of government, I wonder how much the cancellation will cost. :rolleyes:

FUBAR comes to mind.

@Roy Bloom @Notch7

The pair of you need to knock your heads together. You don't need to be a lawyer to follow and read the links in the attachments. Where is the evidence that they paid 1.6Bn for 1 barge? its nonsense.

They signed a framework agreement with master terms, and a call off arrangement with explicit terms that it does not bind the buyer to any orders.

I appreciate you don't like the fact that:
1. they didn't pay 1.6bn for a barge which is nearly as expensive as the biggest cruise liner in the world (though that cost £2bn)
2. they didn't bypass government procurement processes, despite what some lawyer may have argued.
3. They are not committed to spend 1.6bn with this supplier
4. they are not stuck in a contract they cannot get out of.

the govt have paid £1.6b for a barge.
utter Boll@x.

And if there's a change of government, I wonder how much the cancellation will cost. :rolleyes:
why don't you read the framework agreement - the answer is in there. Hint: Anex D.

Last edited:
why don't you read the framework agreement - the answer is in there. Hint: Anex D.
Because you've only just posted it. :rolleyes: Hint:
1702637703135.png

My point still stands, we'll be expecting a succession of more barges to be supplied in the next two years?
About 72 more barges: £1.6 Billion at £22 Million each.

The shipyards of the world will be overflowing with orders. :rolleyes:

And £75,000 per inhabitant for anything from 18 months to just a couple of days. :rolleyes:

The pair of you need to knock your heads together. You don't need to be a lawyer to follow and read the links in the attachments. Where is the evidence that they paid 1.6Bn for 1 barge? its nonsense
I didn’t say there was evidence
I said you’ve no evidence to prove otherwise.

quote from Independent: “The Home Office refused to answer The Independent’s questions on what portion of the contract covers barges”

They signed a framework agreement with master terms, and a call off arrangement with explicit terms that it does not bind the buyer to any orders
Neither does it say what the agreement covers nor how much for any element of it.
I say £1.6b for a barge

. they didn't pay 1.6bn for a barge which is nearly as expensive as the biggest cruise liner in the world
You can’t prove they didn’t.

they didn't bypass government procurement processes
thats because the government procurement process is: “we can award any contract we like to one of our mates without any scrutiny and we can redact anything we want so our corruption is hidden”

You are clearly 100% in support of Conservative corruption as you twist yourself inside out trying to defend it.

Youve been very busy trying to deflect by talking about franework contracts……because you don’t to talk about yet more Tory govt corruption.

I see that the OP later posted an article from the Evening Standard, which seems to add more clarity.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/pol...ome-office-cost-portland-dorset-b1126781.html

The £22,450,772 figure was contained in a variation to the contract with CTM – worth almost £1.6 billion over two years – to provide hotels and travel for asylum seekers.

In a letter to MPs, Home Office permanent secretary Sir Matthew Rycroft said the "vessel accommodation services" portion of the contract, which relates to the barge, was £22,450,772.

Continuing down this particular rabbit hole is beyond all reason.

@JonathanM - Its the standard MO, make a false claim, get proven wrong, dig deeper, get the answers handed, dig deeper, get more explanation.. then complain someone is going to a lot of effort to prove them wrong. Next they will be making accusations of xenophobia and racism.

£75k per person (roy's number} seems about right, based on your number its just under £45k. it costs £40k per year to house a convicted/remand prisoner. Now our resident human rights campaigners would be the first to complain if the standard of accommodation was worse than a prison. It also had to be stood up at incredibly short notice.

Continuing down this particular rabbit hole is beyond all reason.
Its the standard MO,
It's standard MO to drip feed information on projects which have proven to be either worthless, or not providing value for money, or a Tory mate's charity benefit.
This project is no different, information is drip fed through numerous outlets, and no-one knows when, nor where the next droplet of information will be dripped.

Sponsored Links
Back