Bicycle Pump Problem

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
My bike has the little Presta valves. I got a Track Pump from the local Sports Direct, it was a muddy fox with a dual valve head, to fit Presta and Scharder.

I could not get any air to come out :oops:

I pushed it onto the Presta valves, and tried to pump, the pressure went up on the guage but nothing went into the tyre.

I also put it on the Schrader valve on my car tyre in case I was doing something wrong; still nothing.

I bought a similar pump from Aldi last year and took it back as I couldn't make it work.

Is there a trick to it?

Sponsored Links
yes, I loosened it right off so it waggled about.

I later tried unscrewing it only half way in case that made a difference, and I tried both front and back tyres in case the valve was the problem.

Sponsored Links
nope

but as it has a Presta orifice and a Schrader orifice, it must have a way of stopping air coming out

If double ended usually a lever or switch to select which valve is 'live'.

there is a thumb locking lever, I tried it in both positions. It is similar to this one

Product_detail_Wk18T16.jpg

If there is no air when not attached to valve then it must be faulty?

that's what I thought, unless I was doing something wrong.

Sometimes the valve sticks, so once you've undone the little knurled bit, you have to briefly manually press the pin in to unstick it.
HTH.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back