Bifold Doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Hope someone can help me out here. I recently had a large set of 5 panel bifolds 'fitted' by my builder, who I subsequently gave the heave-ho to due to various failings.

Anyway, the doors have been screwed in but not foamed or sealed. They have not been adjusted and I doubt the panes have been toe/heeled going off the handywork I've seen elsewhere.

The doors do not open/close smoothly and require attention. Is this something a competent DIY-er can do? They are Spectus profile doors and very big and heavy, so I guess I need 3 or 4 people on the job.

Also, I was left with what appears to be two catches, presumably for screwing to the panels to keep them secured together when folded back onto each other. Only problem is, I do not appear to have one for the door panel. As the door handle projects outwards beyond the frame, the door end panel does not fold flat like the others without handles. I imagine I should have a different catch for this that secures the end panel door handle to the others, otherwise it just blows around in the wind.

What are the names of the catches called and where can I get them? I've rang Spectus and their technical line a few times and it just rings and rings and rings...

Cheers

Jamie

Sponsored Links
Retaining catches - for your main door with the more protruding handle fix the catch onto the top horizontal of the door leaf, roughly in the middle. This way it will catch before the handle hits the other frame. If it's still going to hit move it more towards the hinge side.

Hi Jamie
You need a unique magnetic door holder. We supply 1000's to the Bifold door industry. Our information sheet is just being prepared but i could send you something if required (1st draft design of info sheet rejected but the info is correct). You need our 60mm version DBPC-02 for lever lever handles. (White,black,grey, satin brushed, gold chrome & Chrome) Our website does not show anything yet on the door holder. We do not supply Spectus but do supply other systems houses throughout the UK. You can buy direct from us or we can say who might be the nearest to you. I must get onto Spectus again at Macclesfield and remind them about our product!
If Searching for us do Debar bifold hardware and you will find us.
Regards
Graham

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back