Big Alarm Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have an ADT 9448+ alarm made by Scantronic.

We had a few lengthy powercuts while we were away and the neighbours were checking the house. After the second day of cuts the alarm started sounding. We can not control it by keycodes. The only way to mute it is to open the panel and remove the main / back up battery. I checked the voltage and got 12V, the 3 fuses inside are o.k., and the panel still lights up.

As soon as I reconnect the battery the alarm sounds inside and outside.

I do have the old technicians code, but do not have the current one for a reset.

Does anyone have any clues to help me???

Sponsored Links
try 1234 default code ive been to loads that have gone back to factory default when the battery is faulty and the power has been off. you may need to reprogram system.

The codes (and programming) may have defaulted. Have you tried 1234?

When you power it up, it WILL go into alarm. You need to use the User code to shut it up. You can't reset it until the battery is back on and you've closed the front.

If your battery hasn't been properly tested (under load) or is over five years old, replace it.

Sponsored Links
It does not accept codes with the door shut or open.

down power battery and mains, re power mains only put in your code or 1234 . if this does not work repeat shorting the reset pins on the pcb remove short enter 1234 and reprogram.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back