Big gap at bottom of double pvc doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies in advance as I know this is a common issue. I did search previous posts and it gave me some things to try but i'm a bit stuck.

My kitchen has double pvc doors leading to the conservatory. The right hand door has a gap at the inside bottom, big enough to see through. There is no centre post, what appears to be the centre post is attached to the left hand door and swings out.

The middle of the door is very tight, and the top of the door is not as tight, but neither does it have a gap big enough to see throuh. The issue is the bottom inside corner.
1.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

I've tried adjusting the keep and i've pushed it in as far as i can. Any more and the door won't latch. The keeps at the top and bottom do not really adjust much. I've also tried adjusting the keep under the fake centre post, I've had no luck.

If anyone can suggest anything I can try, that'd be great.

Sponsored Links
It could actually be the ' slave door ' that needs adjusting , rather than the ' master ' . if that doesn't work then look up ' toe and heeling ' a upvc door . If you think you can do it , give it a try , if not I'm sure there must be a local ' guy/comapny ' that does repair work

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back