Big Gaps In Plasterboard

D

DaSpozz

Hi all...

I have plasterboarded a bedroom ceiling but have a few gaps here and there where measurements were not as spot on as they should have been. the gaps in between boards are about half an inch or so. Obviously I will be using scrim tape, but is there anything I could use in addition to this to avoid it noticing after I've plastered? Someone mentioned joint filler in another post, so would this be the best option before I do the skim?

Thanks all...

Sponsored Links
Skim your joints then put 3 lots of scrim tape on joints then skim over that, leave till dry then unibond it then skim the ceiling....

How about just filling them with a bit of backing plaster first, then putting tape over?

A 10 minute job..

Skim your joints then put 3 lots of scrim tape on joints then skim over that, leave till dry then unibond it then skim the ceiling....

Thats the way I would do it, obviously there are lots of different ways but I have always been "belt and braces" ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the responses...

Well, in the end I looked at the biggest gap and filled it / scrimmed it / filled it again. I just used some interior filler. Im hoping and guessing that this will be fine to plaster over?

Ok one other thing... what's unibond?

""Women - Know Your Limits" lol :)

Ahhh ha! Ok thats brilliant, I was wondering if it needed PVA'ing lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back